AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best Widescreen direct view HDTV that supports DVI? I've been looking around at some 34" models, but I'm curious as to what models you guys recommend that have DVI.

I plan on having Comcast's HDTV service, as well as playing DVDs, and Xbox/PS2.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Let me put it this way, I do not believe you will find any other display better than the Sony 34XBR800. I have had mine since August..paid $1925 plus .06 percent Michigan sales tax. It was a 2 year waranty..parts and labor..in the home. It has many features plus a very decent remote control. Altho I do not use it, the sound system is very good on the Sony. It has DVI as does the newer Sony Set Top Box.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by magic123
Let me put it this way, I do not believe you will find any other display better than the Sony 34XBR800. I have had mine since August..paid $1925 plus .06 percent Michigan sales tax. It was a 2 year waranty..parts and labor..in the home. It has many features plus a very decent remote control. Altho I do not use it, the sound system is very good on the Sony. It has DVI as does the newer Sony Set Top Box.
Where did you buy your set from? I'm from MI also.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
dfedders..

Bought the set in August from Sony Showcase Shop on Saginaw St. in Lansing..about 1 mile east of Lansing Mall.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have a HiPix card that I am using as my HD tuner. I could connect my HiPix using the component inputs but I still need to see my computer display. Would I be able to use the DVI input to connect to my computer? I have an ATI dual port card with a digital output.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.