AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am leaning towards the Gyration solution, but I am wondering what you would all recommend as the best wireless keyboard and mouse combination for wireless gaming - specifically First-Person shooters.

Thanks

·
Registered
420 Posts
How far away? I've been very happy with response time with Logitech's RF stuff (thumball mouse, I'm weird that way). Only good for maybe 10 ft though. I use extenders. Gyration is rated great for long distance but I have no first hand experience.

·
Registered
209 Posts
logitech mx duo for bluetooth, simply fantastic and works flawlessly from 20' away, i havent tried anything further.

·
Registered
119 Posts
those keyboards are fine if you are behind a desk or table, but the mouse need a surface.

they are meant to be used on a table. I have the bluetooth logitech keyboard and mouse and it is horrible in front of a HTPC on a couch. I put it back on my desktop.

I then for the gyration keyboard and mouse, know that is for HTPC viewing. the keyboard is a tad on the small size and the mouse takes some getting use to but when you get going forgetaboutit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I really liked the look of the logitech bluetooth unit but it wasn't available when I made my purchase, I got the microsoft optical desktop for bluetooth, it has a 30' range and the optical mouse works on everything from my couch to my leg, I found a stiff mouse pad at a computer store to use instead of a book but I rarely use it, this set is great, a little tricky to setup but much better than the gyration unit, thats RF, the bluetooth will give you much better results.

·
Registered
519 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
I purchased the gyration setup and I had nothing but problems with it. I understand maybe I just got a bad unit, but I didn't want to deal with any product that did not work properly so I purchased the Logitech diNovo bluetooth setup. I haven't played a lot of games with it, but the setup is great. I haven't noticed any performance problem when using this keyboard/mouse. Although it is pricey, I would recommend this for what you are wanting to accomplish.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.