AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. My wife and I just bought a condo and, after a full day of moving, I immediately started the important planning....how to run the wires to my rear speakers in my 5.1 setup. My conclusion is that its going to be a horrendous project if I can't go a wireless route. Love the room, but its a nightmare to try to hide cables.

My question is, what is the best wireless kit for two rear speakers in a 5.1 setup? I'd prefer a setup that does not loose a ton of quality. At the same time, we watch mostly movies/tv and have an xbox 360. The rears, due to how close they are to the couch we watch from, often are not very loud. The receiver is a Pioneer sc1522 that we got a year ago, great receiver. The speakers are a 5.1 Energy set up, about 10 years old, not the greatest speakers by far, but my old faithfuls that I do love and are perfect for a small room.

I'm not versed in wireless kits, but the only one I can find out there is a rocketfish kit. Any experience with them? Other options? Thanks all.

John

·
Registered
16,705 Posts
I don't know much about them, the Rocketfish and then Outlaw Audio wireless kits are the ones that people tend to bring up as being pretty good.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have used the rocketfish whtib before for surrounds in my small room. It was very easy to set up and worked decently but I had to reset it probably once a day. To reset the connection only required a button push but then the whtib sender unit, the one hooked up to your speakers, has to be easily accessible. It was definitely worth the 100 dollars that I paid for it, but eventually I just got a fish tape and ran wires under my floor in to the basement and back up. It took about a 4 hours to rewire everything and still the holes but it was worth it to me. I'm sure that someone with more experience than me could do it much quicker than the 4 hours that it took me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts