AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been surfing around looking for a good bookshelf speaker for my HT and gotten some great recommendations both from responses to my posts and by reading (a LOT of) threads. I'm limited to small bookshelf or possibly onwall speakers due to the size constraints and realized, while good relatively inexpensive speakers like Energy are out there, nothing seems really WOW worthy. If cost were no object, what small speakers for HT use (only 10% music) really WOW you?

I keep wanting to like the Martin Logan Frescos but no one seems too thrilled with them and I'm having a hard time auditioning them. I did like some KEF KHT9000 ACEs I heard a year or two ago. The XQs seem promising. Anything else out there that would give me a WOW worthy experience in a small package?

·
Registered
725 Posts
I auditioned the Paradigm Cinema 220 and 330 today and I was quite surprised at the sound those onwalls put out especially the 220. You can always check out those or go for the higher end Millenia series like the 20 or 30 which have more drivers. The mrsp for the 220 is $199 and $299 for the 330 and the Millenia 20 is $499 and the 30 I don't remember but is probably $100-$150 more than the 20. Paradigm dealers seem to be all over the place so shouldn't be hard to find one. Another one to check out is the Vienna Acoustics onwalls which can be found at a Best Buy with a Magnolia.

·
Registered
634 Posts
money no object? Usher Tiny Dancers. but those cant really go on a bookshelf, they are more of just "stand mounted" speakers. but most bookshelf speakers should really be given lost of room in order to get the best sound

i would say look into higher end Paradigm speakers. they seem to have quite a following and good reviews, and i believe each series has at least two bookshelf models to choose from

good luck!

·
The Village Idiot
9,713 Posts
Save yourself some money and get these .

They keep up with my much larger front sound stage no problem. Unlike bookshelf speakers these are designed for a wall - and come with the mounting brackets.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Go to triadspeakers.com and be done with it - in wall on wall they have what you need.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Seaton Catalyst.

·
Registered
553 Posts
ehlarson,

I would agree with you but the Catalyst is not even close to being a bookshelf speaker.

·
Registered
4,318 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knucklehead90 /forum/post/17019315

Save yourself some money and get these .

They keep up with my much larger front sound stage no problem. Unlike bookshelf speakers these are designed for a wall - and come with the mounting brackets.

Do you ever recommend anything other than Emotiva?

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.