AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lost Planet!

By far the most fun I have ever had online with a 360 game. Lost Planet is very similar to Halo2 online only its next gen with graphics that are among the best there is. Anybody the loved halo 2 online will love this game just the same.

Team Sniper and Post Grab our my 2 favorites.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Krypton /forum/post/0

Disagree. To each his own I guess.

What is it that you don't like? I think most people will agree that Halo2 is the best online game. Keeping that in mind, with lost planet being so similar, I don't understand how anyone can not like it. That is unless you didn't like halo2 either..

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishmosh /forum/post/0

Are the maps as good for multiplayer? How customizable is the gameplay? I love Halo2 and found Gears to be a huge letdown in multiplayer features.

Ya, there are some really good maps, beautiful scenery. You can change the maps, game type, weapons of choice, and so on. I agree with you on the GOW comment. While it was a great game I never really like the multiplayer all that much. Trust me man, if you liked halo2 you will like this. Been playing for like 4 hours today. Haven't done that since I used to play halo2 like a year ago.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTV-NUT /forum/post/0

What is it that you don't like? I think most people will agree that Halo2 is the best online game. Keeping that in mind, with lost planet being so similar, I don't understand how anyone can not like it. That is unless you didn't like halo2 either..

I wish I could scale it down to a nice and neat answer. My major gripe is being sniped from all the way across the map and having to start over again. Other than that I just didn't like the whole feel of the online play.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Krypton /forum/post/0

I wish I could scale it down to a nice and neat answer. My major gripe is being sniped from all the way across the map and having to start over again. Other than that I just didn't like the whole feel of the online play.

Did you like halo2?

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Halo 2 Let me down in the multi-player department. I have not touched the game much since it was released. I enjoy the single player mode better. I don't have the time to become a better online player so I stay away from it. That is until I get a copy of Rainbow 6!

·
Registered
16,923 Posts
A little OT but ... Can anybody confirm that the Collectors Edition of Lost Planet includes an extra MP map ?

-- Thanks ,

--- Jason

·
Registered
4,234 Posts

Quote:

Lost Planet!

By far the most fun I have ever had online with a 360 game. Lost Planet is very similar to Halo2 online only its next gen with graphics that are among the best there is. Anybody the loved halo 2 online will love this game just the same.

I dont think its similar to Halo 2 at all...However, I do think its better.

I also dont think it is difficult to master either on Halo 2 nor is it run and gun...Its a pretty leveled playing field I thought when I played online...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGamePimp /forum/post/0

A little OT but ... Can anybody confirm that the Collectors Edition of Lost Planet includes an extra MP map ?

-- Thanks ,

--- Jason

Yes indeed it does, the extra map will be released sometime this spring/summer so they got an added bonus...Problem is how many people will actually play that map???

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGamePimp /forum/post/0

-- Thanks ,

--- Jason

ya but i bet its no fun because most people just have the regular edition. it will be alot better when everyone can play.

·
Registered
16,923 Posts
Thanks for the confirmation . I heard the extra map is also said to be the best MP map in the game . Guess I'll stay on the lookout for a great price on the Collectors Edition

------ Jason

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What is the map called that takes place around the volcano? With all the busted roadways and such? I hate that level. All the others are great though.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just came in first place in team elimination for the first time. Beat a bunch of Japanese guys. I feel special. haha

·
Registered
440 Posts

Quote:

Lost Planet!

I disagree completely. Lost Planet is mediocre in my opinion. I bought it, beat single player (which was mediocre at best), tried multiplayer for about 16 hours total. Hated it. Maps are too big in general and everything is so damn slow. Not my type of game at all. There is no satisfaction when you kill someone just like the Battlefield series. I guess to some it might seem fun but overall it doesn't hold a candle to say, Gears. (and I know some people don't like Gears. My opinions on Lost Planet are just that, opinions.)

·
Registered
440 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishmosh /forum/post/0

I honestly would LOVE gears if they had solo deathmatch, more multiplayer options, and the Halo party system. The maps are perfect for deathmatch. I still don't know why they couldn't implement solo deathmatch...

I agree that solo deathmatch would be a nice addition and a party system is needed bad but I still have a blast every day playing it.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.