AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am about to embark on a 7.1 speaker installation. I am planning on running all speakers in wall / ceiling to my Pioneer elite receiver in a back closet.

I have the option of either of these setups.

I can install the 2 sides and 2 back speakers all in the ceiling, two fronts and center all in the front wall. (Preferred setup based on layout of the room)

OR another part of basement will allow me to put the 2 backs in the back wall, sides would have to stay in the ceiling and then the fronts and center can go in the ceiling or the wall. i was hoping to get your opinions on the best possible setup for this.

The subwoofer will stay on the floor most likely in the back near the closet. 7.1 is a must b/c i game as well as watch blu-rays so i will be taking advantage of the backs.

Also i recently cashed in some credit card points and received $600 to best buy however i am willing to spend money out of pocket. But I'm clearly limited to best buy. Can someone recommend best buy speakers to get based on my setup? Ive been looking at the Magnolias (I guess the ones that tilt?) How is the quality there? If these speakers arent good im willing to shop elsewhere but would rather not.

I'm not the most handy person (never even cut into sheet rock before) but i hopefully can figure this out. I brought a home theatre guy in who quoted me $5k so thats pretty much out of the question.

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
If you're sticking to Best Buy:

Then you could go with the 3 Martin Logan Ticket in-wall speakers for the front and 4 Martin Logan Helios in-ceiling speakers fo rthe surrounds.

Or the Speakercraft MT Two in-wall speakers for the fronts and the CRS 6 Two in- ceiling speakers for the surrounds.

And you can't go wrong with the REL subs.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the feedback. You said if you're sticking to best buy. Is there another option I should look into? I could always get other things at best buy like a good universal remote.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts