AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I had a couple of questions regarding bass management. For starters I have read thread numerous threads on the subject both here and over at the blu-ray forums but I still have a few questions for those with more knowledge than myself.

First a little about my own personal evolution with home theater. I started with Bose Lifestyle ( insert joke here) with worked ok for ten years then I tried some Aperion speakers and realized what a better system should sound like. I couldn't afford a new setup so I stuck with the Bose. Fast forward 10 years and upgrade time so I purchased Energy RC Micro which was a step up from a bass module to an eight inch sub. The some other avs members commented on the size of my room( 13 X 28 X 7) would/should allow for a more robust system. Now I have Energy RCLCR for mains and center and Energy RC 10's for surrounds. I purchased a BIC PL200 which is a 12" sub. Huge upgrade for me and I love it. I am still struggling with better bass management in that my Onkyo TX SR 608 only does basic Audyssey 2EQ which does not have bass management. So now my conundrum. I have tried using my Energy 8" sub with the BIC as I read it could conceivably help with evening out the bass. It seemed to help but I decided to use it with my PC and decided to get a second BIC Pl 200. So the question is it better to get two BIC's and try to wing it with audyssey 2 EQ or one higer quality sub (my experinece with subs is non-existent, not sure if I spent more money on say a HSU) or another receiver that has multi EQ and better bass management. My current experience is the BIC sounds great but to boomy. I tried to move the sub around a little but I do have some limitations with placement. Any thoughts and ideas would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
638 Posts
what better bass management you looking for? Are you sure you have your speaker set up properly. You might want to disable audyseey and set up manually.

·
Registered
5,049 Posts
Id say get one of the low tier Denons that have Audyssey MultiEQ or XT. That should do it (after careful consideration of where you place the subs)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, that's what I was thinking because I've been struggling with taming the sub since my Onkyo does EQ the sub. I think I will wait until I get a receiver with multiEQ before I add another sub as I'm assuming I will still have the same problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts