AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone used the 9 meter DVI-D cable offered by BetterCables between a Radeon 7500 and a Sanyo PLV-70? Am I barking up the right tree?

Thanks!

James

·
Registered
455 Posts
No but I use the much less expensive 10 meter DVI cable from digitalconnection.com from a Radeon 7500 to a Panasonic L300U at 1280x768 with flawless results.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

OK I went to Digital Connections site and ordered a 30' DVI-D cable. I have done business with them before.

I currently have the projector connected to the Radeon via a 25' VGA cable and the DVI to VGA adaptor provided by ATI. Output resolution is configured as 1360x768x60hz. Other than unpluging one cable and pluging in the new one and rebooting, what else am I going to have to configure on the Radeon driver to get the same output resolution? Should I go to a different scan rate? Will I need a custom powerstrip setup? Its all been so simple so far but I have this feeling that is about to change.

On the other hand, it might just plug in and work.....I can hope :)

James

·
Registered
237 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by patja
No but I use the much less expensive 10 meter DVI cable from digitalconnection.com from a Radeon 7500 to a Panasonic L300U at 1280x768 with flawless results.
If you have seen my previous post, I have been barking for long DVI cables. I found 10 m optical DVI-D for $500 (crazy price!), and another 10 m copper DVI-cable for $200.

Glad to found your post about 10 m DVI-D cable available from DigitalConnection, it's much cheaper. Before I jump in to buy from them, I'm just wondering, what refresh rate you're running at? I will be running at 1024x768 (4:3) but at 75 Hertz. Will the cable you have get the job done?

Thanks.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Personally I am running 1280x768 at 60 Hz. My PJ doesn't do 75 Hz, otherwise I'd give it a whirl and let you know. You could ask digital connection what refresh rate they've tested it for.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Better late than never.

Anyway, I have the better cables cable and it works fine at 1360x768 @60hz on my Radeon 9700 AIW

I tried the Lindy cable others had suggested and it failed at rates above 720p.

The Bettercables unit may be stupidly expensive but it has the advantage of actually working.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.