AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im trying to decided betwin two projectors, one with better contrast and one with better resolution. Witch matters most? in your opinion?

The first projector is a LCD SVGA 700lumen 400:1 for $2500.

The other one is a LCD XGA 550lumen 200:1 for $2200.

I don't think the lumen will matter because is will be able to have a completly dark room. My screen will be a 6.5feet wide 4:3 and i will be sitting 12-14feet away for the screen.

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
Look at both of them with source material you know well.

Then pick the one you like best, regardless of stats..

·
Registered
6,227 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Phat Phreddy__ I dont think they are clone. Both are sony projectors CX1 and HS1. CX1 (XGA) is for computer presentation and HS1 (SVGA) is for home cinema.

tim_f__ I have read that page. But as they write "XGA is better is you wanna pay twice the price, but SVGA is good for its price". But here they both are at allmost the same price.

Cain__ I have look at the SVGA projector for an hour or soo. And im very pleased with the picture, but still if i can get a XGA insted for the same price.

I havnt found any store where i live that sales the XGA projector, just online retailers.

Any other toughts?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Ok, Just my input.

I have an LT154 which is LT155 twin with out MLA. It has 400:1, LCD XGA, 900lum. My screen is about 6ft wide. I sit about 12-14ft away. And on bright scenes you can see the screen door affect. If I take the focus and back off a little the screen door is less visible. But I think you should get the XGA, do to that fact that I believe you would see the screen door more often with the SVGA. Especially for a picture that large. If the screen door is not your concern then get the SVGA with the 400:1

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.