AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the latest version of the 42" panny and am feeding the HDTV signal from my RCA DTC 100 via component video cables (I use a transcoder to convert the VGA from the RCA to component video).

The picture is good, especially from digial off-the-air and HDTV sources but I am looking for ways to improve it, such as by the addition of a scaler, or the like. (I can't use an HTPC). Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I use the same setup you're using and I honestly don't know how to improve the picture-- my jaw still drops every day when I see HD source material, even a year after I bought the set.

The one thing you might be able to do, especially in Dallas, is get ISF calibration. That would make a difference.

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
You will not improve the picture on HDTV via a scaler. The Panasonic does an excellent job of using all the HD data to downsample a 480p picture.

I agree on calibration, but I'd start with Avia or Video Essentials. You may not need to spend the $$$ on an ISF, which I think tends to be overpriced on plasma. I've heard too many stories of there not being the no geometry-no convergence discount that plasma calbration should offer.

Mark

·
Banned
25 Posts
There is a way ti improve the picture! Sell your Panny - low-end plasma (480p has nothing to do with "High Definition") and consider to buy a plasma with high resolution for ex. Fujitsu with 1024x1024 definition.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.