AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive been using a pan s77 upscaling to 720p w/ pan ptl 500u pj since 9/05. its basically awesome but i figure there must be something definitely better by now.

ive read the reviews, etc, on most of the popular models out there now and based on them its hard to tell if any are better than the s77. i dont get any macroblocking or other negative effects. if a dvd is well mastered it looks great on this system, if its a less than great disc im pretty sure its the disc, not the pj or player although blacks could be a little better (lcd pj, i know).

suggestions?

·
Registered
16,177 Posts
To switch to another upscaling player, you're not going to notice a dramatic difference (IMO, it's not worth the cost). But upgrading to a true high def player, like the Toshiba A2 HD-DVD player -- you'll notice a real, significant difference there, when playing HD-DVDs.

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks billp. the hda2 is probably the way ill go. im just curious about its 720p ability. ??

·
Registered
16,177 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by westgate /forum/post/0

thanks billp. the hda2 is probably the way ill go. im just curious about its 720p ability. ??

You can choose between outputting 720p or 1080i. I compared those 2 outputs with HD-DVDs (going to my 720p DLP) and could not see much of a difference (both looked equally excellent).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.