Which movie has better PQ?

21 - 40 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightninesuited /forum/post/0

Start a thread called: Matrix 1 vs Dead Man's Chest PQ - which is better?

And I'll bet Matrix would win. Even though it's not as good as Dead Man's Chest PQ-wise.

Also there are fanboys voting who haven't seen either of these films.

When Dead Man's Chest wins, you'll be saying that the HD DVD fanboys just voted Dead Man's Chest to make a point with this thread..

·
Registered
663 Posts

Quote:

I think the real question should be:

Why would anyone in their right mind want to watch King Kong more than once?

The same could be asked of DMC.

·
Registered
6,339 Posts
How can grown men actually care about topics like this? Seriously...they are just formats people. Get a grip on reality.

BTW it is my opinion that anyone who is a hardcore fanboy of either format and acts like it blows the other away in quality is an idiot. I own both and they are equal in what they do. That is the beauty of being format neutral...you see how ridiculous the bickering is over this stuff.

I must say I love some of the replies here. So if you say kong is better then you are biased for hd-dvd. If you say DMC looks better than you are biased for blu-ray. Hilarious how people simply aren't allowed to possibly prefer one over the other without being biased. I received my copy of DMC today but I lent it to my dad so I will have to wait to see if I think it is superior to Kong although I do not even know how I can define which is better since they are TOTALLY DIFFERENT MOVIES.

I can't wait for the day there is just one format so I don't have to be embarrassed by how grown men act over something SO TRIVIAL.

·
Registered
676 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by roma_victor /forum/post/0

The same could be asked of DMC.

I second that. I slept through half of it. Purchased it just because I heard it is "the new hew hi-def picture quality standard". I'll never buy another title based solely on "picture quality" opinions, especially about Blu-ray releases.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatboy77 /forum/post/0

PotC is the new standard in HD.

~Josh

I couldn't disagree more with the above statement. I have seen and own both movies. I also have seen the matrix. I have to say that after hearing the hype of how awesome The Matrix and POTC DMC were, I was a tad dissapointed in both. Don't misunderstand, they both look great,(and are great movies IMO) but I don't think they look any better than the other top tier titles. I did enjoy the experience of watching both in HD!

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
I'm gonna shock the forum members and vote DMC
since I haven't seen it why not? I got a feeling most people who are voting haven't seen both.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelHDDVD /forum/post/0

since I haven't seen it why not? I got a feeling most people who are voting haven't seen both.

A bigger shock would have been seeing thebland, beatboy, or brianmonkey vote King Kong even tho they have not sit down to watch it.

·
Registered
360 Posts

Quote:

I think the real question should be:

Why would anyone in their right mind want to watch King Kong more than once?

Why would anyone in their right mind BUY DVD's to watch anything more than once?

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelHDDVD /forum/post/0

I voted King Kong just now, just to cancel out your vote when you have not seen both movies

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox-SJ /forum/post/0

Why would anyone in their right mind BUY DVD's to watch anything more than once?

In other words, why does anyone buy DVD's at all?

·
Banned
13,980 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBS G35 /forum/post/0

A bigger shock would have been seeing thebland, beatboy, or brianmonkey vote King Kong even tho they have not sit down to watch it.

A bigger shock would have been if you even remotely had a clue as to what you were talking about instead of blatantly spewing crap

·
Registered
585 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topweasel /forum/post/0

KK was Tier 0 Since the threads inception but Fett as over the last few months walked the path to full blown BD fanboy and as the thread owner has taken a democracy and turned it into a Monarchy where he just decides where everything goes.

And it wasn't a Monarchy... when?

Trust me, Fettastic always made the final decision. I have the monicker of "Tier Thread Killer" under my belt to prove it.

Something I've discovered, though, is that nobody agrees with all his choices... no matter what those choices are. You know the saying about opinions being like a-holes? Well, with this whole format war thing, we are definitely all a-holes.

-Pie

·
Registered
2,210 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by goceltics34 /forum/post/0

Of course he decides where everything goes, it's his tier thread.

A Blu Ray movie takes the cake for the best looking hd movie on either format and then we get crying about not being fair? That is damn hilarious!

Dead Man's Chest is absolutely the finest movie on high definition out there. I have seen King Kong on HD-DVD (previous owner of format) and while it nearly flawless, it just can't quite touch DMC. No shame in being second best.

I am not saying KK is better as DMC or vice versa, I am just saying saying that a thread that while created by one person was a happy democracy. KK has for a long time been agreed as top 1% of HD-DVD collection by everyone. But Now Fett against everyone else somehow magically noticed compression artifacts one day and removes it from from Tier 0 under the guise that Teir 0 is a new level and only certain movies from previous movies for T1 would make it onto T0. In fact the only two movies that made it in his eyes is are movies also released on BD (basically he can't make the BD's T0 unless he did the same for the HD-DVDs.).

Does DMC deserve to be Tier 0? Yes I am sure it does. Is it better than KK? Very well could be with the extra 8 Months of practice with the codec used. None of this is in question to me. What Matters to me is the ability to trust those rankings, considering his past posting habits and the fact almost everyone disagrees him, he still chooses on his own where the movies go.

It has gone from an AFI like committee Ranking to Personal opinion ranking. This really applies to both threads, how long does his choices only get impacted by format before its on the content of the movie.

·
Registered
2,210 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatingPie /forum/post/0

And it wasn't a Monarchy... when?

Trust me, Fettastic always made the final decision. I have the monicker of "Tier Thread Killer" under my belt to prove it.

Something I've discovered, though, is that nobody agrees with all his choices... no matter what those choices are. You know the saying about opinions being like a-holes? Well, with this whole format war thing, we are definitely all a-holes.

-Pie

He has to he has to place it but on several occasions changes where made and movies where reviewed later. But there wouldn't 110 plages on his little thread and it wouldn't be a sticky if he just picked the spot and said F'off. But that is exactly how he approached KK and Hulk when it came to his redefined super Tier.

·
Registered
291 Posts

Quote:

PotC is the new standard in HD. It is the best of the best. Nearly all professional reviewers have made statements similar to this.

~Josh

Gee, you made a statement and used the word "nearly" referring to it in the same post....LOL

·
Registered
711 Posts

Quote:

PotC is the new standard in HD. It is the best of the best. Nearly all professional reviewers have made statements similar to this.

~Josh

Why don't you go out and say it already beatboy, "all blu-ray titles are the standard of what HD should look like". Apparently from what I've been reading from you beatboy, you look like the biggest blu-ray fanboy I've seen so far. For you anything Blu-ray releases is superior to HD DVD.

21 - 40 of 109 Posts