101 - 109 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisko197 /forum/post/0

This is so HD DVD vs BD.

Truth is... King Kong is not as sharp or as good a transfer as POTC: DMC. Everyone who owns both will tell you the same unless they have a heavy HD DVD bias.

Reviews don't lie. POTC: DMC proves once and for all that the "BD picture quality is inferior" mantra from last year is completely and totally dead. This hasn't been necessarily true for a while now.

So rejoice. You can go BD now and feel secure in the fact you'll get excellent picture and sound! Hell, you're a lot more likely to get lossless audio on your BD's than most HD DVD's, to boot.

Unless it's a Warner or Paramount movie

·
Registered
2,275 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigby Reardon /forum/post/0

Come on guys, there isn't even a discussion. King Kong is clearly superior. Check this screenshot for evidence:

This is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW, both of these movies blow goats as far as movies go but KK is better because thier is only 1 of them to have to watch.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_TC /forum/post/0

I didn't vote at all because I haven't seen POTC. There, that's just how honest I am.

Ditto

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I voted King Kong because it looked ever so slightly sharper to me than POTC and I can't see any blocking from normal viewing distances.

WHERE'S THE "TIE" OPTION??!

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
I think this thread has run it's course.

-----I hate when polls don't end within a reasonable time frame.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I think dead mans chest has the slight edge. But King Kong looked great on HD-DVD.

Even the broadcast version of king kong looked good, better than most blu-rays and hd-dvds. Of course the macroblocking is what made it look bad.

This movie just has a very pristine source.

101 - 109 of 109 Posts