AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My X1 is ceiling mounted in a 18 x 12 foot room projecting a 80" image at a seating distance of 16 feet on a DIY screen. The screen is a layer of silver mat'l covered by a white mat'l. I'm hooked up to a Progressive DVD player to the VGA input (using 50' coaxal cables and home made Cat5 comp. to vga adapter) and hooked to analog cable TV with composite input.

I'm very happy with my X1, but I'm hoping to figure out how to get better REDs out of it. The BLUEs seem great. Please give me your X1 settings to give me a good starting point.

Also, I have the X1 angled about 20 degrees or so on the ceiling. Should I adjust the X1 horizonal control and level out the projector?

Thanks,

KJ

·
Registered
505 Posts
Keystone correction should only really be used as a temporary measure if you can at all help it. See the X1 FAQ for the whys and wherefores.

I posted my settings as did several others on this thread .

This section of the indispensible X1 FAQ should help:
http://members.shaw.ca/technut/x1faq/#5.2.2

Better reds? Bad Cable? Have you tried a short S-Video cable to compare?

JayW

·
Registered
246 Posts
Your DVD player can play a big part in color accuracy (or lack of it).

I've tried out several different DVD players using the progressive and interlaced outputs.

I'm currently using a Phillips DVD963SA (progressive out) and find the color saturation and picture quality to be excellent.Even the interlaced output using the s-vid to comp adapt. looked very good.

Quality insulated copper core cables can help insure the video signal is reaching your projo.Some of the lower quality steel core HD-15 to component cables can have an adverse effect on picture quality(especially over 15' or so). :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.