AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of any sites that offer a better search capability than newegg? I'm finding that only being able to select one value for each field rather than a range or starting point is getting restrictive and annoying.

For example, cases. Let's say I want a case with AT LEAST two internal 3.5" drive slots. I can only search for 2, 3, 4, etc individually, not 2+.

Bonus if your site has better prices, too

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I have the same issue with Newegg, however it is still the best that I have found. You just have to think carefully about your power searches and also understand that sometimes the product data is not complete so your search may miss items. Even so, I have not found any other site that is as good at power searches or provides as many photos and product details as Newegg.

·
Registered
3,764 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOAMattD /forum/post/16947499

Anyone know of any sites that offer a better search capability than newegg? I'm finding that only being able to select one value for each field rather than a range or starting point is getting restrictive and annoying.

For example, cases. Let's say I want a case with AT LEAST two internal 3.5" drive slots. I can only search for 2, 3, 4, etc individually, not 2+.

Have you tried Newegg's Power Search feature? Sounds to me you're just using the Guided Search.

·
Registered
208 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOAMattD /forum/post/16947499

Bonus if your site has better prices, too

What do you mean by individually? Why can't you just select all those checkboxes?

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd /forum/post/16947940

Have you tried Newegg's Power Search feature? Sounds to me you're just using the Guided Search.

(Advanced search, actually :p ) Thanks for the heads up though, I completely overlooked the power search option!

·
Registered
1,180 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFCommanderBob /forum/post/16949458

Haha, the lesson here: There is no better electronics site than Newegg...

Indeed between the Power Search, the extensive product photos, the usually accurate technical details, and the sometimes helpful customer reviews there is no better site. I only wish they carried more items. It is usually the first place I look, and I am disappointed when they do not have what I need.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.