AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I've got an ati 4670 hdmi running to a 2809 lcpm. I'm using the latest realtek hdmi audio drivers and setup to 7.1 configuration. I have confirmed that all channels are working. I mostly view mkv files through MPC homecinema using coreav codecs. My observation has been that the sound quality is not there. It sounds veiled and lifeless and I'm not particularly picky when it comes to this stuff. I'm assuming all processing is done on the PC end and sent over as a pcm signal. Is it possible to make things any better using different drivers/ config changes etc? I can live with it, but it's something that I've noticed since committing to storage based HT system.

Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
354 Posts
also what is the OS?

If its Vista ...I always found that AC3 filter did a good job...seemed to boost the levels...with no distortion ...compared to just the inbuilt MPHC filters.

I especially liked it for two channel mp3 audio parts of divx/xvid movies...turns it into matrixed 5.1 channel wavs...for the AV receiver.

I am personally wrestling with win 7 at the moment..cant get the windows control panel to set up 5.1 configuration...for an ASUS 4670 video card.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts