AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

Looking for opinion or even facts if you got 'em

I am trying to decide between a couple different amps to drive some klipsch speakers in a 5.1 config (RF82 front, RC62 center, RB61 surround, RW12d sub)

Both amps I have the opportunity to buy are used and are priced about the same - a Denon AVR4306 and a Denon AVR5800. The 5800 is quite a bit older, but the specs say it has a lot more power (170W vs. 130W)

All else being equal in terms of condition, cost, will the 5800 sound better because it has more power? Will the 4306 sound just as good or better because of technological improvements? Or will it not be a big difference either way?

HDMI and options for connectivity are not really important - the big factor in this application is getting the best and biggest sound out these speakers - it's a huge, huge room.

whatcha think? Thanks in advance for the opinions!

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Your question isn't clear. Niether components are "amps"; they're receivers. Do you intend to only use the amp sections or the entire receiver? That'll make all the difference.

Ed

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
If it was only the amp section I'd say go for the 5800. But since you'll be using it as a receiver I'd go for 4306. The 5800 is fairly old and is missing some stuff that I think is important, like Dolby PL IIx and more flexible bass management.

Ed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts