AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Logitech 3100 desktop set. I also have a Zotac 6100 series matx board.

Just wonderig if there is a way to turn on the pc from the kayboard or mouse?

In the bios it offers an option to turn on from hot key, mouse click, etc...but it doesn't work. I am guessing there is another feature I need to turn on?

We have a Kp-43HT20 Tv, and it has two component HD inputs, three composite inputs (two with S-video) and two analog tuners. It is a Hi-Scan 1080i HD-Ready TV thats 4:3.

How should I connect my HTPC to it? It has onboard VGA, but I have a MSI N9800GT 1GB OC card that has native S-video output that it's connected to now, but the only resolution that has viewable text it 800x600

Any thought's?

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
876 Posts
To get the mouse/keyboard to wake up the computer, you need to go into Device Manager and find the keyboard and mouse, right-click on them and select properties. Then on the tab that says "power management" check the box that says "allow this device to wake up the computer". After a reboot they should wake the system up.

As for your video output, I looked up the MSI card and it doesn't show an s-video output, just HDMI, VGA and DVI. Some cards come with a dongle that looks like an s-video connection, but has outputs for component video. I didn't see anything in the specs that suggest yours did, but they also didn't mention s-video.

It seems your only solution is to find a video card that has a dongle that has component output on it. A lot of older ATI and nVidia cards have these and some are still available. Check out NewEgg.

·
Registered
885 Posts
I've yet to find a motherboard that won't start up the computer from from a keyboard event if set to do so. Make sure you have set the power-on hotkey combo in the BIOS if offered, or are using the correct sequence mentioned in the manual if a user setting is not offered in the BIOS. Control + F1 is common. Is your keyboard a standard 104 key wired ps2 model? If not, connect one and try again. Or, if USB type, enable the legacy USB support setting in the BIOS. If that does not work, see if there is a BIOS update available for your board. If that does not work, call their support line and perhaps they will correct the issue in a future BIOS release.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts