AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a PS3 for less than a month now so still not real familiar with it but I am wondering if there is a better way to browse through media. I have a Windows Home Server with video, music, and pictures. On the PS3 menu, as I am sure you all know, there is an icon for each of these also. When I get to the video list I can look through each of my folders (video, music, pictures) but can only play videos from this area, in order to play music, I need to back all of the way out, move over to "music" and drill back in. It seem to me like it would make more sence to have one are for media and the appropriated action would be taken based on the file. If it were a video it play the video, music it would play the music, etc. Is there a simple way to do this?

Mike

·
Registered
835 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbartenhagen /forum/post/12894614

I have had a PS3 for less than a month now so still not real familiar with it but I am wondering if there is a better way to browse through media. I have a Windows Home Server with video, music, and pictures. On the PS3 menu, as I am sure you all know, there is an icon for each of these also. When I get to the video list I can look through each of my folders (video, music, pictures) but can only play videos from this area, in order to play music, I need to back all of the way out, move over to "music" and drill back in. It seem to me like it would make more sence to have one are for media and the appropriated action would be taken based on the file. If it were a video it play the video, music it would play the music, etc. Is there a simple way to do this?

Mike

I think it is a limitation of the PS3. That's just how it works.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts