AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,i just got my satellite hooked up yesterday(98%signal!) and i have 3 questions.

1-how to tell in the program guide when a movie will be shown in widescreen as opposed to pan and scan which seems to be the norm,yuch

2-i have an xbr400 and chose 16/9 in set up menu believing it would work like a dvd and feed me a widescreen image when both would be available,correct?

3-is there a site that lists remote codes that aren't listed in the manual,and is it possible to get the remote to control the reciever/amp volume when in sat. mode as opposed to the tv's.as i am connected directly to my reciever/amp through the rca cables

thanks for any help,hwshi

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
1- That info isnt in the program information.

2- The widescreen option is only useful if you have a widescreen TV, IIRC.

3- I dont think so, the only codes that will work are the ones in the book

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey steve,thanks for the reply.regarding #2-setting my 3100 reciever to 16/9.why would it only work if you have a widescreen tv.wouldn't it just be like setting my dvd player to 16/9.still don't see any change in setting the reciever that way,and what it would affect?damn if they couldn't put the widescreen info in the program menu?want to know what i'll be watching!

hwshi

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
I used to have the 16X9 option selected all the time on my Dish 2800 and AFAIK, never made a difference in any programming I watched. But it would have been cool to test this during last years super bowl since Fox did it in widescreen, but I dont get Fox on Dish. My advice on this would be to leave it on 16X9 all the time. Yeah, I wish it woul say in the EPG is the film is in OAR, or pan scam.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.