AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I created a custom resolution using the newest 61.77 Nvidia drivers on my FX5900XT. This resolution is 1384x760 so that I get 1:1 pixel ratio on my tv. When I go into BeyondTV 3.4 and setup True Fullscreen in the web site administration tool, I do not see that custom resolution show up in the list. The only resolutions are standard ones and therefore I'm forced to use 1280x720 desktop or else BeyondTV at full screen doesn't fill the TV screen because desktop is set at the 1384x760.

Any suggestions? Does BeyondTV 3.5 fix this as it doesn't have a true fullscreen area to configure?

· Registered
1,128 Posts
Why do you want to use true fullscreen? If you use fullscreen instead of true fullscreen, BTV will run in whatever your desktop resolution is set at, which is what you want (I think)?

· Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Chriš
Why do you want to use true fullscreen? If you use fullscreen instead of true fullscreen, BTV will run in whatever your desktop resolution is set at, which is what you want (I think)?
Because I find it less jittery, and crisper too.

· Registered
174 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Chriš
Also for me it fixes tearing.

· Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by imf4
Also for me it fixes tearing.
Have you upgraded to 3.5 yet? I cannot find the True FS area in 3.5's web admin. I find 3.5 is jittery, and it might be because they have removed truefs.

· Registered
174 Posts
To use the true fullscreen,

Launch the exe with;

/displaymode:exclusivefs /width:1024 /height:768

They changed the name from True Fullscreen to Exclusive Fullscreen.

If you don't use the width/height I think it defaults to your desktop resolution but I could be wrong.

I used to use Nvidia 2.55, Then something strange went wrong and I couldn't get my colors right with the nvidia one so I switched to the Sonic codec. I didn't feel like reformating my system so I never looked into fixing it. I liked the sonic one better but the processor usage was higher.

Currently I am using the Nvidia one that came with Theatertek 2. So far I like it a lot. Very very clear picture.

· Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've heard the Nvidia 4.0 codecs are really good (TT2.0), but unfortunately don't want to fork over the dough to buy TT2.0.

I'll try the exclusivefs thing.

I find that when my desktop is a custom resolution (i.e. 1384x760), when using Overlay mode in BeyondTV with any codec, all I get is a green screen as the video tries to sync. With standard resolutions everything works great.

· Registered
6,472 Posts
The latest version. Same code that is in TT 2.01. The only caveat is that the audio decoders won't DECODE DD 5.1 or DTS to 5.1 channels of analog. However, they will output full DD and DTS digital signals through a SPDIF connection to your receiver.

Vern

· Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah, I just experimented with the audio on them and I still find the WinDVD5 audio better. The video on this codec though is exceptional, even better and quicker than Elecard, which I have been using up until tonight.

Can you use these codecs in Beyondtv? After instlaling them, I don't see it show up in the list for BeyondTV

· Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks very much, and I'll try that tonight.

I attempted modifying the exe for BeyondTV with 1384x760, as per above instructions, but still get the green screen as in trying to sync video but can't.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.