AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's dedicate this thread to tips and tricks.

Something I didn't know:

If you tracer dart a vehicle, you have to zoom in with the RPG for a few seconds to "lock in". You'll know because the orange marker stops blinking. After that, you can hide behind a building and just shoot rpg's straight up in the air if you wanted and it homes in. I think you can lock in through walls as long as the orange marker is visible on your screen.

·
Banned
9,953 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdjenk /forum/post/18300847

Let's dedicate this thread to tips and tricks.

Something I didn't know:

If you tracer dart a vehicle, you have to zoom in with the RPG for a few seconds to "lock in". You'll know because the orange marker stops blinking. After that, you can hide behind a building and just shoot rpg's straight up in the air if you wanted and it homes in. I think you can lock in through walls as long as the orange marker is visible on your screen.

Yup, but be sure to mark it by centering on the Square/diamond.

Also, lock on wears off, so flick it up and fire fast. Not fireing soon enough cancels the lock.

Anyways, instant RPG Javlin!

·
Registered
400 Posts

• You can kill an enemy with the Medic Paddles.
  • You can also kill someone with your Engineer Wrench.
  • You CANNOT kill someone with a tracer dark
  • You can shoot people out of the sky when they are parachuting.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I've been playing Medic for a couple days now. Here is what I've learned that works well for me:

In Rush, I scout ahead and search for strategic places that I suspect my team will setup to either defend or setup assaults and I lay down first aid kits. I then setup someplace behind cover and mow down people with my LMG, lay suppression fire on objective and spot as many people as possible. Most often I spot people I see before I even try to shoot them. That way, if I miss, I know someone else will take them out.

I watch for people either low on health, dropping kits next to them, or people that have just died so I can revive them. Reviving is especially important when attacking on Rush since you save respawn tickets and improve chances of winning. However, when reviving, don't just rush out with your paddles. Survey the situation and then decide if it makes sense to revive. You have quite a few seconds to bring them back to life so be patient. Make sure there are no tangos waiting to kill you and him again. And also, sometimes it makes more sense to let them respawn. This is especially so if you think vehicles may be back at the base or the spot there in is under heavy fire.

Lastly... if I just revived you and I died in the process. Don't just run away and leave me lying there. Take my kit and revive me. Same goes if you just saw your team mate get killed by a Medic on the other team and you killed him. Take is kit and revive your team mate. Then go back and get your original kit back if you want.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
You can snipe people out of helicopters, including the pilot. I got a few guys manning the miniguns last night.

·
Registered
400 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martez /forum/post/18302096

You can snipe people out of helicopters, including the pilot. I got a few guys manning the miniguns last night.

True... but you cannot shoot down a heli with your rifle so don't sit there shooting into the sky... your just wasting your time. You can shoot down the UAV though.

OH... and if there is a vehicle completely dominating your team and you die, come back to life as an engineer and take that thing out. You can always pick another kit from a dead person or change out when you respawn again.

Another one... in Rush, you can destroy the base with C4 and/or heavy artillary like that from a heli or tank. I think you it takes about 8 or 9 C4 charges to do it. The nice thing though is that C4 doesn't start the siren so it won't alert the other team.

One more... don't take off in the Blackhawk by yourself. Wait for some of your team to jump in with you. Same goes the tank. AND, if you suck balls at driving, let someone do it. I don't know how many times I've had guys jump in the blackhawk ahead of me and take off. And then they fly it right into the ground or fly it the the enemy spawn and jump out so it crashes. It's even worse when you in it.

·
Registered
524 Posts
As assault, the best gun is M416. you can mark enemies with your select button, which lasts only a few seconds.

·
Banned
9,953 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymouscuban /forum/post/18302132

True... but you cannot shoot down a heli with your rifle so don't sit there shooting into the sky... your just wasting your time. You can shoot down the UAV though.

Thats WRONG.

Kinda

The LMG's and MG's have a caliber that can pass through the helicopter armor.

You can shoot out the pilot out, but you have to have the leading just right so the bullets hit him as he gets there. I've done this standing directly below a copter, shooting the guy through the floor armor. But you;re correct that only mounted .50 cals do actual damage to the chopper.

·
Registered
400 Posts
If you join a squad and they already have two guys as Recon, pick something else. I've joined random squads where everyone is Recon.

And did I mention "Spotting" enemies? Probably one of the most important things you can do. See some guy, place your crosshairs on him and hit your select button. One thing I have found useful is I scan the bushes and trees slowly while hitting the select button. You'd be surprised how effect this is at find "wookies" hiding in the brush.

OH... and when your the second man in the tank... spot, spot, spot. Same goes for in the Heli. You can't kill everyone so it really helps to spot guys so your team mates can take them out.

·
Registered
37 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychdoctor /forum/post/18302367

As assault, the best gun is M416. you can mark enemies with your select button, which lasts only a few seconds.

You can mark guys with any gun in the assault class. As far as the m416, I think the AN-94 is the best gun in the class by far!!!
Different strokes for different folks I guess

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
I also think AN is the best in Assault so far, but only with a red dot for me. Matching it up with Magnum Ammo is ridiculous. I'm 2,000 away from M16, so I'll finally be able to give that a shot.

Also, Ceramic Armor unlocks at 14 (game says 13), Magnum Ammo unlocks at 15 (game says 14), one of the shotgun perks unlocks at 16 (game says 12 or something), and the extra explosive damage perk is 17 (game says 23 or 24).

·
Registered
410 Posts
RUSH

1) PLAY TO WIN - When crates are armed, try to disarm them. Too many times the crate is armed and a damn sniper is right there but instead he is more worried about trying to snipe a helicopter pilot than disarm the crate. Wouldnt want to hurt his K/D ratio by risking death by disarming a crate. If you only want to improve your K/D ratio, go play MW2.

2) Dont waste your time trying to snipe helicopter pilots! Your much more useful spotting the enemies for your team, planting C4 on roads for oncoming tanks, etc.

2) If your an assault class, THROW THE DAMN AMMO PACKS!!! I run out of ammo all the time when defending and cant ever find any packs. I see assault guys on my team but they dont throw anything down unless they run out of ammo. EASY POINTS! Just drop one on your base near one of the crates where people usually hang out.

3) Why the hell are 8 of my teammates snipers when attacking!? If your attacking and there are already a few snipers, do something else. We need to capture crates people. This isn't deathmatch!

4) Defending means DEFEND!!! Many times I find myself/my squad are the only ones left on the base. Then a crate gets armed and my teammates are on the attackers base trying to spawn kill. DEFEND THE CRATES!!!!

5) MIC up - Letting your squad know a guy just shot you and is sneaking in from the back is helpful. Or if a guy is about to arm crate A, etc. Communication is key.

6) Destroy your select button
Like everyone else is saying, spot the enemy is the most helpful thing you can do.

7) When a crate is armed, dont just run through the doors and be surprised when 4 dudes spray you up. This is battlefield, we can destroy ****. Grab a rocket, grenade launcher, c4 etc, and blow the wall away where people usually hide. Most people dont have surround sound and if you didnt kill them, they dont even know the wall behind them is gone. SHANK!

8) Join a squad. Dont be a loner. Squad spawning gets you into action faster. and gives the defenders less time to prepare.

9) Be useful - See where you rank at the end of maps. If you just played for 30 minutes and only have 100pts from your whopping 2 sniper kills. That is not efficient. You can get 200+ points just from spotting alone.

Throw medic packs, ammo packs, revive people, spot enemies, trace vehicles, repair vehicles, set anti-tank mines, arm/disarm crates etc. This isnt deathmatch! You can get more points from these and help your team more than you can from just shooting people.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurms /forum/post/18307377

2) If your an assault class, THROW THE DAMN AMMO PACKS!!! I run out of ammo all the time when defending and cant ever find any packs. I see assault guys on my team but they dont throw anything down unless they run out of ammo. EASY POINTS! Just drop one on your base near one of the crates where people usually hang out.

This. Last night there were two squads hanging out behind the concrete walls at the bottom of the hill on the map that was in the public beta, and both squads had people throwing out tons of health and ammo. Between that and the medics reviving fallen comrades, we held that spot until they got down to about 10 tickets and the amount of points was a little ridiculous.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
In Rush, take out tanks quickly. Good players hang back with the tank and bombard the defend point until the building collapses. You can lose the objective this way without anyone ever arming.

·
Registered
112 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurms /forum/post/18307377

RUSH

1) PLAY TO WIN - When crates are armed, try to disarm them. Too many times the crate is armed and a damn sniper is right there but instead he is more worried about trying to snipe a helicopter pilot than disarm the crate. Wouldnt want to hurt his K/D ratio by risking death by disarming a crate. If you only want to improve your K/D ratio, go play MW2.

2) Dont waste your time trying to snipe helicopter pilots! Your much more useful spotting the enemies for your team, planting C4 on roads for oncoming tanks, etc.

3) Why the hell are 8 of my teammates snipers when attacking!? If your attacking and there are already a few snipers, do something else. We need to capture crates people. This isn't deathmatch!

4) Defending means DEFEND!!! Many times I find myself/my squad are the only ones left on the base. Then a crate gets armed and my teammates are on the attackers base trying to spawn kill. DEFEND THE CRATES!!!!

5) MIC up - Letting your squad know a guy just shot you and is sneaking in from the back is helpful. Or if a guy is about to arm crate A, etc. Communication is key.

6) Destroy your select button
Like everyone else is saying, spot the enemy is the most helpful thing you can do.

7) When a crate is armed, dont just run through the doors and be surprised when 4 dudes spray you up. This is battlefield, we can destroy ****. Grab a rocket, grenade launcher, c4 etc, and blow the wall away where people usually hide. Most people dont have surround sound and if you didnt kill them, they dont even know the wall behind them is gone. SHANK!

8) Join a squad. Dont be a loner. Squad spawning gets you into action faster. and gives the defenders less time to prepare.

9) Be useful - See where you rank at the end of maps. If you just played for 30 minutes and only have 100pts from your whopping 2 sniper kills. That is not efficient. You can get 200+ points just from spotting alone.

Throw medic packs, ammo packs, revive people, spot enemies, trace vehicles, repair vehicles, set anti-tank mines, arm/disarm crates etc. This isnt deathmatch! You can get more points from these and help your team more than you can from just shooting people.

+100 This game is not MW2.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Any tips on taking out Apache choppers? Last night the other team had 2 of them circling our starting point and they pretty much laid waste everytime we spawned. They seem to be too hard to target with rockets, tracer tagging, etc.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopa /forum/post/18310624

Any tips on taking out Apache choppers? Last night the other team had 2 of them circling our starting point and they pretty much laid waste everytime we spawned. They seem to be too hard to target with rockets, tracer tagging, etc.

One of my squad mates was using the heat guided launcher that doesn't require a tracer to take down the choppers. Tried it myself but couldn't get a lock, haven't figured out how yet.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
tank mines:

in rush, if you're an engineer and you have mines, first try to scout ahead and put mines as close to the enemy base as possible on the road. then find the ammo boxes from the assault guys and try to place mines strategically down the road like in the tree shadows or around a destroyed tank - many players assume that a destroyed tank means nearby mines have been cleared...

as the tanks figure out your spots, try to anticipate how they can go off road and hit those area. also, as you are pushed back toward the dot-com boxes, place them on the roads around.

in conquest, throw mines down on the roads directly leading to the flags. a lot of the roads are narrow, so put down 2 or 3 in a cluster near a flag you own.

also, if you happen to sneak up on a tank that's firing the other way and they can't see you, throw a mine or 2 down by the tank and follow up with a grenade. nothing says you can't detonate your own tank mines.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by so's your face /forum/post/18312856

also, if you happen to sneak up on a tank that's firing the other way and they can't see you, throw a mine or 2 down by the tank and follow up with a grenade. nothing says you can't detonate your own tank mines.

Classic BF2 move. Throw down a mine behind a tank and then shoot it with the shotgun

That and covering a vehicle/atv with C4 and rushing a base. Hop out, let it roll to the target, and detonate. Really good at the beginning of conquest to rush over to the flag closest to the enemy spawn. The first people there are usually a group in a vehicle, and this will take them out in a flash.

·
Registered
679 Posts
If you see an enemy placing AT mines, shoot them and detonate them before your team's tank gets there.

I sniped a mine from halfway across the map to save one of our tanks last night. No one saw it but me, and I didn't get any points for it, but I felt pretty godlike.. :-D

1 - 20 of 70 Posts