AVS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Boy those maps are big. A snipers' wet dream come true on HC mode. Hell of a long way to go it on foot tho with those large maps. I haven't played BC2 in a while, been playing some MoH but hate it when you get kicked for being a good sniper in MoH on some servers...
. Really getting your moneys' worth with BC2 on HC mode. Now bring on BF3...

Just luv it with the PC version, the maps are "FREE".

·
Registered
3,525 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklordjames /forum/post/19586727

"Just luv it with the PC version, the maps are "FREE""

Yeah, uh, they're free on the console too, sport.

There's DLC on my Xbox's menu, so not everything is free. Maybe they're different game modes that are also in the PC version?

·
Registered
8,200 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklordjames /forum/post/19586727

"Just luv it with the PC version, the maps are "FREE""

Yeah, uh, they're free on the console too, sport.

Must you be a ****** on every second post you make?

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
Hmm all good points.

This is the system I'm looking to build. I'm trying to keep costs down as much as possible while still not killing performance. Right now I'm running my monitor at 1440x900. I may get a new one in the future but not right away.
  • AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition Thuban 3.2GHz Socket AM3 Six-Core Processor
  • ASUS M4A77T/USB3 AM3 AMD 770 USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
  • EVGA 01G-P3-1465-AR GeForce GTX 465 (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready
  • CORSAIR XMS3 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)

·
Banned
7,766 Posts
At 1440x900 or even 1920x1080, that card will do you just fine. You'll be able to crank up the eye-candy and run some AA/AF.

If I could make a note: I'd drop down to the Phenom II X4 965 3.4ghz, and bump the ram up to 8GB (4GB x2). In your current configuration you'll hit the wall on RAM before you even start using the extra two CPU cores, unless you are planning on doing a lot of video editing. If the machine is primarily gaming, internet, and video playback, then four slightly faster cores will suit you well for quite a while.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts