AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i see alot of folks talking about a bfd1124 or other eqs. how does this thing hookup . it sounds complicated. but it sounds like best thing since sliced bread. will it give my system more power.

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
It connects between the receiver's LFE output and the sub amp using RCA to 1/4" phono plugs.

There is a steep learning curve but once you understand it is not very difficult. It is time consuming to set up if you want to use the manual method. The REW method is faster.

It will not give your system more power. This is a parametric EQ. This is used to flatten the frequency response.

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
You put it where ever it is convenient. Mine sits in the rack in the rear of the room while my sub and amp are in the front of the room.

·
Registered
477 Posts
If it is ok to ask does monoprice have the RCA to 1/4" phono plugs?? I've been looking for them and can't find them.

michwill from what I've read, the bfd is one of the more cost effective option's for eq on a sub that works really well. I just bought mine, but still need interconnects. Hence the question.

·
Registered
16,859 Posts
DoubleATheater,

Do yourself a favor and get the proper length pre-built cables (vs using the adapters) right from the start to decrease your chances of noise from the 1/4 to rca adapters

Jason

·
Registered
3,433 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleATheater /forum/post/18288644

If it is ok to ask does monoprice have the RCA to 1/4" phono plugs?? I've been looking for them and can't find them.

If that is all you are buying, then Radio Shack is cheaper. For $6 each (I think that was the price), I picked up 5 ft cables. One end is an RCA and the other is a 1/4" mono phono plug.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Alternatively you can make your own. Get an RCA cable and a 1/4" TRS cable, cut, splice (wire positive to positive, negative and ground to negative), now you've got two RCA -> 1/4" TRS cables

From what I've read most of the RCA -> 1/4" TRS cables available just short the ground and negative together, same as an adapter. If you do get noise you can try attaching the chassis of the BFD (DSP1124P or FBQ2496) to the chassis of your AVR with some spare speaker wire, it may help or at least is worth a shot...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts