AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just bought a BG1208 for aprox $1500 (16000sek).

This one is a very speaked of proj in swedish groups ;)

It har 19500 h on it, with red & green tubes changed some time ago.

Guess blue should be replaced (no complete whites, more like faint yelloish), but no burnins whatsoever.

The blue has a s-shaped scratch in the middle of the screen. It does not LOOK like a burnin, but i'm not sure.

I removed the lens and looked, it still does not look like a burnin.

It almost looks like it's on the front of the tube.But what is it, that's the q.

How much do i have to remove and what, to be able to inspect the tubeface? How? No liquid cooling in this one what i can see.

I'm prepared to send the tube for re-phosphoring. Anybody tried the german company that does it?

As an both Sony 1020 and recently BarcoData 600 owner i must say this one rocks. I am sooo pleased with it (beside the scratch).

·
Registered
18,506 Posts
The lens comes off with 4 screws. Then you can see the tube face clearly.

Try adjusting the white balance in the menu to see if you can get rid of the yellowish tint.

Curt

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes i have alread removed the lens, but there are a chamber

(cooling compartment?) infront of the tube so i can't get close enough to inspect it real close.

Attached a pic of the scratched tube.

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
I'll bet that the scratch is a burn in the CRT if it doesn't clean off the face of the glass.

Terry

·
Registered
476 Posts
Hello

The spot suppression failed and the phosphor is burned of the CRT face

You have to look for the voltage on the power supply if its not to low because the safety circuit will not work

You can find the measure pin on the power supply on the right side near the blue connector and you can adjust it with the blue pot on the left side of the power supply set it on 17.5Volts DC

If the voltage is ok it could be a faulty powersupply in the past

You can't repair the scratch at all you have to replace the tube or rebuild it

Rob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.