AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the maximum current draw of a BG 800 while projecting? I want to hook it up thru a line conditioner that has limited current output 6 - 10amps max. I don't want to burn up the BG by it not getting enough current. Please reply asap... Thanks....Steve

·
Registered
18,507 Posts
I don't think you'll have a problem. Check the rating of the unit, I do not think it draws more than 4 amps when turned on, and if the current is limited a bit with the turn on surge, no big deal IMHO.

Curt

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Curt,

I could have saved some time by looking on the projector. It says IMAX 5/2.5. I assume the 5a is during powerup and the 2.5 is during normal projecting. I'll let you know when I get the boards.. Thanks..

·
Registered
75 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by sbarger
Thanks Curt,

I could have saved some time by looking on the projector. It says IMAX 5/2.5. I assume the 5a is during powerup and the 2.5 is during normal projecting. I'll let you know when I get the boards.. Thanks..
Actually it means 5A for 110v, 2.5A for 220V. The projector might pull upto 5A for a second at start up, and probably hits 2-3 amps while running..

-Jeff

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.