AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seem to have a problem with my DB9 VGA port on my BG808 (no red). Some people have suggested that the RGB Switch card is the likely culprit, and I can probably get Curt to swap one for me, but I haven't been able to get anyone to tell me where card is so I can pull it! Anyone?

·
Registered
968 Posts
The DB9 connector goes to the RGB Analog input card which then passes the signal on to the RGB/Input Switch card.

Take a look here:

Barco 800 board locations

The RGB Analog card would be in the same position as the TTL Input card on the older 800 projector. In the 808 this card is only about 2/3 the length that the card could be in the slot. The RGB/Switch card is one next to the Analog card. There should be jumper wires coming from the Analog card that plug into the RGB/Switch card.

Heck... I would disconnect the little jumper wire plug (on the Switch card side) and check to see if the wires and the plugs look good. I believe there are seven wires in the connector and its Ground, Red, Ground, Green, Ground, Blue, Ground. And, now that I'm thinking about it we can determine which of the two cards is bad using this connector.

What we need is a fairly small gauge solid wire (not stranded) about 4 inches long... and a steady hand. The wire should be able to insert into the pin holes on the connector you disconnected from the Switch board - just barely slide in without forcing it and it will actually slide through the connector and poke out the backside a little if its long enough. Oh, the wire needs to be insulated with about 1/4 inch stripped back on the end you'll slide into the connector, and on the other end you only need a tidbit of the wire exposed. If you don't have any wire email me your mailing address and I'll send you a piece. Once you get wire we can go to the next simple step... but I'm going to bed now and need to bust out my service manual to explain the rest.

Mark

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're the man, Mark! I will go to Radio Shack and see what I can find wire-wise. We have some equipment and wires here in my office, all computer-related, so maybe there is something here too. Thanks!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think it is used to test pins - found it at the office. Only the pieces are just about 3" long. Is that enough?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.