AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a heads up...

As you may or may not know, BG Radia a.k.a. Bohlender Grabner no longer exists. The company was "taken over" by Christie Digital. However, I just found, much to my dismay, that Christie will not be supporting any BG Radia products. A customer service rep (who was very helpful and nice) told me that Christie just bought out BG for some of its patents, and didn't "buy the company" per se.

I just purchased BG Radia speakers in January only to find two of them have faulty crossovers. Little did I know when I purchased them that the company was already dissolved. Now I am S.O.L. getting replacement parts or repair work.

Bottom line: Christie Digital is not taking over technical support or repair services for legacy BG Radia products. It seems that BG speakers are orphans now.

·
Registered
5,785 Posts
Just a heads up...

As you may or may not know, BG Radia a.k.a. Bohlender Grabner no longer exists. The company was "taken over" by Christie Digital. However, I just found, much to my dismay, that Christie will not be supporting any BG Radia products. A customer service rep (who was very helpful and nice) told me that Christie just bought out BG for some of its patents, and didn't "buy the company" per se.

I just purchased BG Radia speakers in January only to find two of them have faulty crossovers. Little did I know when I purchased them that the company was already dissolved. Now I am S.O.L. getting replacement parts or repair work.

Bottom line: Christie Digital is not taking over technical support or repair services for legacy BG Radia products. It seems that BG speakers are orphans now.
Sad.............great sounding speakers, especially for in-walls.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts