AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm currently using Monoprice (model 7607) for my side and rear channels but looking at replacing them with something much better.

Due to WAF, I can only use in walls and have read that BG Radia makes one of the best in walls and can get the PD-6LCri for a decent price.

Would these work well as surrounds even though they are meant for LCR?

Also, they are rated at 4 ohms, and I will be driving them wit my Anthem mrx-710 which does not specify it will run 4 ohms. Just wondering if you guys think I'll have any issues?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the heads up, have not tried to contact them yet. I found these speakers available from Audiogon and they seem to be highly regarded.

Perhaps I should reconsider getting something else. Any suggestions?

I'd be careful with purchase...................

BG was bought by Christie for intellectual property...............................question remains if BG or Christie will honor warranty. BG is no longer in business...............at least are not answering phone calls.. BG are great sounding speakers BTW.

·
Registered
5,785 Posts
Thanks for the heads up, have not tried to contact them yet. I found these speakers available from Audiogon and they seem to be highly regarded.

BG speakers are great sounding.......................I'd just make sure buy out is on the up and up for warranty issues.............and see if BG speaker line will continue to be manufactured.

If you are looking at in-walls.............Triad would be my next adventure.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They are factory sealed but I am concerned about warranty since I'm not buying from a dealer.

Thanks, I will look at what Triad has to offer as well.

BG speakers are great sounding.......................I'd just make sure buy out is on the up and up for warranty issues.............and see if BG speaker line will continue to be manufactured.

If you are looking at in-walls.............Triad would be my next adventure.

·
Registered
172 Posts
They are factory sealed but I am concerned about warranty since I'm not buying from a dealer.

I just bought three PD6LCRi speakers for my mains and center channels back in January or February. Love the sound, but then I found out much to my dismay that BG Radia no longer exists as a company.

I contacted Christie Digital with some questions I had regarding installation, and though it took over a week, tech support finally responded and they were helpful initially.

However, my last email went unanswered, and I finally called Christie Digital and got the unfortunate news: they bought BG Radia for some patents only, and will not be selling or supporting any BG products. BG Radia, is, for all intents and purposes, gone.

Had I known about these developments, I would have gone with my second choice, Def Tech UIW-75 in-walls. But I just haaaaaaad to have something "exotic" with a planar ribbon tweeter (kicking myself here).

That being said, I do love the speakers. The bass, even when just sitting on the floor with a speakerwire coming out the back, is quite impressive. I just wish I didn't have to worry about repairs or spare parts being available.

Anyway-- my advice? I would steer clear since there is no support for these anymore.

·
Registered
19,081 Posts

Triad makes great in wall speakers. Martin Logan does too. Give us a call if we can help. I would be hesitant to buy speakers with no warranty. It's too bad about BG Radia - I thought they made great sounding speakers.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Been away from AVS a little while but thanks for the feedback guys.

I got a good deal on the Klipsch KS-7800 so just purchased 2 pairs for side and rear surround duties. Like the fact they are sealed and are horn loaded since my front LCR are the Chase Theater 10s with compression horn tweeter.

I should get them next week so hopefully I can report back. Didn't find too many reviews on these but Ive heard other Klipsch in walls and they sound good.

Thanks again, appreciate all the suggestions!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts