AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting black horizontal bands that go all the way across the screen (52"x92")and also a black bar at the top of the screen I can't get rid of . There is a very sharp picture underneath the bands that is visible. Scaler is ESI VLS-2000 and at any other resolution such as 1365x1024 or 720P looks great, but 960P would seem to be the best fit for the 1209. I tried shifting the picture with horizontal phase control but that had no effect.

Output frequency at 960P is 62.5 Hz (shown on screen).

Any Ideas ?

Thanks,

Rod

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
could it be your scaler

i know you have probably thought of this already

but at least it bumps you to the top till some

one with more knowledge than i have comes along

XANATOS:D :cool: :D

·
Registered
968 Posts
Rod,

When its doing this, if you go into random access with a genlocked grid will the grid show up fine on the screen?

I guess I'm leaning towards the scaler possibly being the issue myself, but I'm not sure how to prove it right now.

Mark

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mark,

Yes the grid shows up fine, no black streaks. I did a full convergence on 960P genlocked grid and then when I switch back to picture the black bands are there. On my old projector, a 701S, I would get similar banding when I changed scanning rates, but a shift of picture to the right (with extron) would take care of it. I'm not using an extron on this projector but I assumed horiz phase adjustment on the 1209 would be the same thing, correct ? Anyway that doesn't help.

Thanks,

Rod

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.