Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm doing a little tweaking, getting ready for a Harry Potter release party. I recently downloaded the Nokia Monitor programs, which I must say are terrific. I finally have a focus program which my eyes seem to be able to umh, ahh, focus on. There lies the problem. My blue is terribly underfocused and I can't correct it totally. I need to adjust the focus coil on the crt. I think I know what to do, but I'd like some confirmation. The focus coil on the BG808 is directly behind the deflection yoke. Correct? You set your electronic focus to midpoint in the center of the screen and then you loosen up the long setscrew (looks like an key on a sardine can) and slide the coil back and forth to get the best focus. Correct?

Also, what does the "turn off convergance" setting do in the service menu? Does this just reset all convergance settings to midpoint? Do you have to turn it back on before converging?

Thanks,

DougK

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
Doug,

You have it basically correct for the electronic focus coil. It can be rotated as well to get best focus position for adjustment of the electronic focus.

In the Service Menus, if you turn Convergence off you will reset all the convergence setting to their mid position.

Terry

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Terry. I just wanted to make sure before sticking my hands up in there!

By the way, how does the picture on those 808s's compare to the retubed 808's you've sold?

DougK

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
Doug,

I have only set them up in the shop on a small portable screen so I really don't have a comparison yet.

What I do like about the 808S is the additional features that they give you for convergence. For instance, on the E/W you now have individual control over pin and scew on the left side. There is an adjustment for gullwing both horizontally and vertically, There is a gamma adjustment, and so on.

The Iris2 is really impressive. Set up the G geometry, and let the Iris2 converge R & B. Takes about 10 minutes. Then come back and do a touchup.

Nice to see with your experiences now with the 808 you were able to help someone else with an 808 on another thread. Way to go!!

Terry

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.