AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me why I can't get a bg808 blue tube to converge with the others. It gets close but it is like it is misaligned or something. It also dosen't seem to hold the amount of correction.

I have read everything I have been able to find and have come up with things like a bad power supply or a bad board.

Did I mention that it also has some buzzing at times and mostly when I try to work with the blue tube.

I would like to keep this machine (low hours, great condition, 96 model) but don't have the skills at this point to fix it unless it is something straightforward or something someone in the Atlanta area can do.

Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Warren

·
Registered
316 Posts
Have you gone through the entire setup procedure from start to finish including mechanical alignment of the three tubes?

Does the blue tube look sharp, if not perhaps it is older than the others or malfunctioning in some way?

Regards

David

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your response David.

My biggest question is the mechanical alignment - I will search through avs and see what I can find. So far I have only used the on screen setup procedures.

I went through everything several times again and this time I was able to get the blue tube to line up better but not perfect. There is an area right in the center of the screen that is like....crooked. I was able to make it watchable but can't figure out why that small area is off so much.

The blue tube also isn't quite as sharp as the others and wonder if I read somewhere that the blue tubes aren't ever as sharp?

Also, after running it for 4+ hours yesterday (Along came a Spider and Blow) I noticed that there wasn't any buzzing to make note of except for a 3-4 second period at the end. I wondered if some of the previous buzzing may have been due to the projector not being used for several years.

What I have been able to get so far tells me I am on the right track and think the projector has alot of potential.

Warren

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.