AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay with the latest or atlest what I think is the latest firmware the BH200 can now decode dolby Truehd. My receiver is hdmi 1.1, if I understand it correctly to hear the latest format the player must be set to hdmi PCM Multichannel , so that the receiver will not decode since it cannot, but it will put out the sound multichannel 7.1 in dolby truehd. Is this correct?

·
Registered
1,049 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob47v /forum/post/15502682

Okay with the latest or atlest what I think is the latest firmware the BH200 can now decode dolby Truehd. My receiver is hdmi 1.1, if I understand it correctly to hear the latest format the player must be set to hdmi PCM Multichannel , so that the receiver will not decode since it cannot, but it will put out the sound multichannel 7.1 in dolby truehd. Is this correct?

The 200 will decode the TrueHD and your receiver will output it as multi-channel LPCM, which is fine.

Mike T

·
Registered
1,049 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob47v /forum/post/15502802

Thanks how about dts master audio, anything yet?

It doesn't appear that the 200 will be made to decode MA but you never know. Try reading through some of the 200 threads here and you'll see some varied takes on why it may/may not happen.

Most opinions are that it will not happen.
From my understanding and I'm far from an audio expert, most people will not notice much if any difference between the MA and the DTS core that your receiver will output.

Again, this is what I gather from reading the posts of others on this forum with way more audio expertise than I.

Mike T

·
Registered
4,944 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike-tee /forum/post/15502877

It doesn't appear that the 200 will be made to decode MA but you never know. Try reading through some of the 200 threads here and you'll see some varied takes on why it may/may not happen.

Most opinions are that it will not happen.
From my understanding and I'm far from an audio expert, most people will not notice much if any difference between the MA and the DTS core that your receiver will output.

The major difference with MA/HR for most will be the 7.1 vs. the 5.1.

BTW, there is hope, as Samsung was able to get the Broadcom chipset to do DTS-HD MA with the 1500 and the 2550.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts