1841 - 1860 of 2794 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxxerman001 /forum/post/16877848

Thanks a million samsungmaster.

I was hoping you'd do this.

I hope you don't mind if I post the rapid share link on the avforums for the Brit & Euro BH200 owners that don't come here?

I don't mind at all.

·
Registered
40 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spong /forum/post/16878066

Many thanks Samsungmaster. Unfortunately that download could only be done 10 times so is no longer valid. Any chance of another location that allows lots of downloads? Many thanks for your great support.

Try here .

(Version BH02090630A)

·
Registered
26 Posts
AWESOME!! wherever you found this, well who cares AWESOME!! is it worth trying to hook up the bh200 worth setting up for blu ray live?? Either way now I can watch "watchmen" and the new version of "300" kick ass!!! THANKS!!!!!! However is the blu ray live worth the set up???

·
Registered
5,090 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie97 /forum/post/16879043

^no

agreed, especially when you have to sign your life away just to view a trailer. Come one, BD-Live shouldn't require me to have an account.

I downloaded the firmware and will update my player if I see problems (still at April 2008 FW with no issues)

·
Registered
4,180 Posts
The fw GoGadget linked to is named simply "LG_BH_LV221BH.ROM". What is the exact version displayed from the player once it's installed?

·
Registered
542 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krobar /forum/post/16877560

I think my next Plasma will be there 50" THX one

I might rethink that decision. LG Plasmas are the worst in terms of image retention.

Now why hasn't Samsungmaster chimed in on the lack of a dropout fix or 4:3 stretching?

(S)He's posted several times since the firmware has been released, but so far no mention of addressing this.

LAME!

·
Registered
592 Posts
I suspect Samsungmaster hasn't gotten any information on the 4x3 bug. As soon as Samsungmaster has something definitive then we'll hear it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks for the info guys on bd-live, everyone seems to hype it up, but besides watching a movie and leaving comments, which I still wouldnt do! I just don't see the point either, either way, I get to watch "watchemen" seems like their is a bug when trying to read the peoples names, but who cares, works great on the new 300 disc btw!

·
Registered
119 Posts
I've been going through the BD-Live stuff, and haven't really come across a lot that I care about. The Dark Knight is pretty cool, as they have 3 featurettes that you can download, and 2 cartoons. And got to watch the 6 minute LOTR preview!!

Disney has a trivia type thing that you can do with the movie, but they've really disappointed me on the whole with no extra features. The group viewing option over the network is a pretty cool feature if you care to use it. Still have a few more to go through, but it seems the majority of my BD-Live discs are Disney. Not a lot great yet, but it's still nice to have, especially with something like the live viewing with the director that they did with Hell Boy 2 (I think it was this one...).

Thanks again to whoever it was that posted about changing the ratio to 480p in order to watch at the proper 4:3 ratio. I'd love a remote click to switch between 480p and 1080p, as well as bitstreaming and player decoding of audio for PIP with HD DVD, but the benefit of having one nice player instead of 2 is worth it regardless.

·
Registered
909 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by husslord /forum/post/16878646

AWESOME!! wherever you found this, well who cares AWESOME!! is it worth trying to hook up the bh200 worth setting up for blu ray live?? Either way now I can watch "watchmen" and the new version of "300" kick ass!!! THANKS!!!!!! However is the blu ray live worth the set up???

Your going to get differing opinions as you already have. For me yes it's worth it. I don't mind signing up for different accounts in order to achieve whatever extra goodness there MAY be out there on a disc.

·
Registered
40 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laserfan /forum/post/16879959

The fw GoGadget linked to is named simply "LG_BH_LV221BH.ROM". What is the exact version displayed from the player once it's installed?

The version is BH02090630A.

·
Registered
134 Posts
The big deal for me in us getting profile 2.0 is not about how it (P 2.0) is now (and admittedly there seem to be plenty underwhelmed) but what it may come to be in future.

Or what it might be even if only in a few examples of it being used imaginatively and with flair.

We've now got it.

For that I am very pleased & grateful (although I did feel it was clearly implied that it would come at the time I bought the unit).

The longer this player stays 'current' and up-to-date the happier I am with it.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxxerman001 /forum/post/16883057

The big deal for me in us getting profile 2.0 is not about how it (P 2.0) is now (and admittedly there seem to be plenty underwhelmed) but what it may come to be in future.

Or what it might be even if only in a few examples of it being used imaginatively and with flair.

We've now got it.

For that I am very pleased & grateful (although I did feel it was clearly implied that it would come at the time I bought the unit).

The longer this player stays 'current' and up-to-date the happier I am with it.

I think you hit the nail right on the head!

Mike T

·
Banned
11,423 Posts
I'm not so sure...whatever new features come, assuming they have any value, I wouldn't be surprised if compatibility is broken again. Hopes of getting more updates to resolve what's broken just to enjoy the BD-Live features seems a bit futile.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I am going to maybe do it when I have some free time in the coming weeks, wouldn't hurt to try. Has anyone watched "Watchmen" the movie experience on their LG bh200 and seen any bugs, for example when it asks what timeline you wanna pick? Its not a huge deal but would be nice to fix. BTW the new version of "300" is pretty cool if you liked the movie the picture in picture of making it is a nice feature!

Thanks!!

1841 - 1860 of 2794 Posts