AVS Forum banner

1861 - 1880 of 2794 Posts

·
Registered
5,090 Posts
When I think of BD-Live, it reminds me of DVD's Multi-angle aspect that few took advantage of. I remember the Beastie Boys DVD where you could mix your own video but that is about it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
ya I think your right, I just never got it, actually I did my brother stole it lol. The Children of Men hd dvd is really good also! I just like the new 300 lots!!! of extras

·
Registered
584 Posts
Vinnie I like to see if you have the same findings as I do, like the wife said make sure the firmware is not working before making the expense to buy another player and she is right. In PCM there is no droputs of sound or video, but once you select bistream the problem occurs right? The helicopter DD+ sound with HDDVD is still in effect when bitstream also. If these are the same findings then LG hasen't done anything of what they said they where going to do except BDlive which is of no importance to me. Wish I could talk my brother-inlaw into a class action suit against LG for false advertisement. Like he said if they put it in writting they must honer it regardless of what system their unit plugs in to. Its their problem to fix these issues. I told the wife to look into another brand of washer dryer and forget the LG she wanted, and explained why. Thank God she understood!

·
Registered
418 Posts
I have been playing with BD live and i think its great. The commentary in dark knight is a great feature and i see its on watchmen too.

it might not catch on mainstream, but I am very happy to have it on my BH200 finally!!

·
Registered
1,280 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfsane /forum/post/16885943

I have been playing with BD live and i think its great. The commentary in dark knight is a great feature and i see its on watchmen too.

it might not catch on mainstream, but I am very happy to have it on my BH200 finally!!

Meh, BD Live is so 2007!
(HDDVD anyone?)

·
Registered
418 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by djos /forum/post/16885955

Meh, BD Live is so 2007!
(HDDVD anyone?)

LOL indeed.

I loved what HD DVD was doing, but warner certainly kept evolving it ( I havn't seen live yet until today, the BH200 is my only BD player.)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Can anyone help I am trying to connect the BH200 with my Linksys WGA600n Wireless N Gaming adapter I did the the disc load on my computer to match my router and all three lights on my Linksys light up so it is finding the WIFI. But when I connect it to my BH200 in either dynamic or static ip it wont lock. I have the march firmware running on my BH200 and new driver. Is there anything else I have to set?

·
Registered
1,280 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfsane /forum/post/16886020

LOL indeed.

I loved what HD DVD was doing, but warner certainly kept evolving it ( I havn't seen live yet until today, the BH200 is my only BD player.)

Im still amazed BD won the war, HDDVD did everything first and almost perfectly long before BD and with almost no compatibility issues.

·
Registered
838 Posts
frys.com has the firmware??

·
Banned
11,423 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob47v /forum/post/16885797

Vinnie I like to see if you have the same findings as I do, like the wife said make sure the firmware is not working before making the expense to buy another player and she is right. In PCM there is no droputs of sound or video, but once you select bistream the problem occurs right? The helicopter DD+ sound with HDDVD is still in effect when bitstream also. If these are the same findings then LG hasen't done anything of what they said they where going to do except BDlive which is of no importance to me. Wish I could talk my brother-inlaw into a class action suit against LG for false advertisement. Like he said if they put it in writting they must honer it regardless of what system their unit plugs in to. Its their problem to fix these issues. I told the wife to look into another brand of washer dryer and forget the LG she wanted, and explained why. Thank God she understood!

Rob, I mentioned how my Pioneer Elite SC-05 behaves previously. No "helicopter" sound effect when bitstreaming DD+, just a high-pass filter applied to all the sound (no low frequencies are allowed through) and the SC-05 display reads "PCM 192 KHz," which of course is inaccurate since the BH200 is supposed to be sending a raw DD+ bitstream. I'm tempted to bring out the ole' Onkyo 605 to see how it handles BH200's DD+ bitstream if it weren't so much of a hassle.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Having loaded up the BH200 with the new firmware and a 4 gig memory stick, I decided to spend some of my Saturday morning exploring the world of BD Live with two Netflix Blu rays (The International [Sony] and Watchmen [Warner]). The BH200 seemed to connect properly to both sites. The International did not have any content beyond Movie trailers that you could find on Yahoo Movies. Watchmen had some more interesting features regarding both the characters, making of each key segment of the film and a music video. Warner, however, makes you register via internet before you can access all the features. In both cases the time to load both the BD Live home site and each piece of content was painfully slow (like 5-6 minutes) and I have an internet connection that typically downloads at 10Mbits per second! I pity the poor soul who has a 1.5Mbit per second DSL connection! I have to say that I am pretty underwhelmed with the BD live experience so far.

·
Registered
326 Posts

Quote:
I pity the poor soul who has a 1.5Mbit per second DSL connection! I have to say that I am pretty underwhelmed with the BD live experience so far.

I'm on a satellite system that does about 1 to 1.5 Mbit and yeah, it ain't zippy doing the BDLive stuff, though it doesn't seem too much slower than what you're seeing. So it is probably the BDLive servers themselves. I tried out Disney and Warner. They both make you register online first. Haven't seen anything I'm jumping up and down on yet. Though I did think the Sleeping Beauty kingdom changing to match the conditions outside was a neat touch...

Nice to have the ability, though. You never know...might be something cool someday.

·
Registered
8,140 Posts
I just need to say... I'm glad we finally have BDLive. If there is or isn't anything interesting at this point isn't important to me, I know it will come.

I'm also pretty impressed. A letter from LG's legal department in Jan. of this year said that BDLive update would be available mid-year. They almost hit the mid-year date on the head, off by just 16 days.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
You guys are funny! If BDLive sucks TODAY, as apparently it does, what future can it possibly have? Someone someday may invent something that's better, and that actually WORKS in the real world, but someday is... well who knows but it's a sure bet it ain't gonna work with your (then ancient) BH200.

1861 - 1880 of 2794 Posts