1881 - 1900 of 2794 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by husslord /forum/post/16887432

no sorry just super cheap hd-dvd's

what firmware are u looking for?

Er, the clue might be in the thread title ???

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
I have missed a lot whilst I've been on holiday.

For the first time since I've owned the player "Network Update" actually found the new firmware. I presumed it only worked in North America. Mine too reverted things back to defaults. That's never happened before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krobar /forum/post/16835003

I wonder if we will see an SACD fix (BH200 cannot play the CD layer from any hybrid SACDs).

I too would love this fixed but I doubt it will be now

Quote:
Originally Posted by djos /forum/post/16871291

You need a 1GB+ Flash drive to access any BD Live content!!!

Any ideas why 1GB of Flash memory is virtually never included as standard? It cannot cost that much to include.

Even new Panasonic Players still require a Flash Drive. It just looks really annoying stuck out of the front. I'll give the feature ago but won't be leaving it stuck in the front.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsungmaster /forum/post/16840710

I am working on getting a change log. Keep in mind the engineers speak very little English and things get lost in translation.

Any word? I too would like to know what "else" has changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsungmaster /forum/post/16840835

The 4 x 3 issue was not addressed. I am not sure why I will try to find out.

Any word again?

Thanks and of course thanks for all the work you're putting in, plus others. I must say how impressive it is to get BD-Live on a product discontinued such a long time ago.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
What's the difference between "Partially Permitted" and "Permitted" On the BD-LIVE menu? Thanks. Sorry if this has already been answered.

·
Registered
326 Posts

Quote:
What's the difference between "Partially Permitted" and "Permitted" On the BD-LIVE menu? Thanks. Sorry if this has already been answered.

I think that has to do with whether you actuallly have enough memory or not. Partially permitted is without a flash drive inserted, Permitted is with.

That was my experience, anyway. First disk I tried (without a flash drive) was Sleeping Beauty. I got the noticable BD enabled changes on the disk menu--meaning it knew what the time and weather in "my kingdom" was (so it had to be checking the internet, right?) but couldn't get out to the Disney BDLive servers for content. Inserted the stick and all was good.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Thanks for that. I thought you "had" to have a flash drive for BD-Live period, is that not the case? I guess not.

Did you change it to "Permitted" when trying the "Disney BDLive servers for content" again?

·
Registered
127 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradavon /forum/post/16891270

Thanks for that. I thought you "had" to have a flash drive for BD-Live period, is that not the case? I guess not.

Did you change it to "Permitted" when trying the "Disney Believe servers for content" again?

Oh Brad - whilst on holiday you have missed all the excitement and b*tching -best check to see which of your favorite discs still play - me thinks 2.0 is all we got as there has been no log posted as to what this update contained - and, as you know by now, many of the other issues (aka 4:3 etc) were not addressed. (so glad I didn't change my screen name).

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Thanks LGDoubter. Good to see the bitching is still present and correct

I reckon you're right, Profile 2.0 only. I doubt we'll ever see the 4:3 issue fixed. I just don't think LG consider it high priority at all. Sad but the truth. Luckily for me my TV's controls aren't overridden but I appreciate many are.

Are there lots of reports of "new" problem discs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldbear /forum/post/16867357

But isn't this firmware update US only?

Nope. Despite what the LG Service Sites may say.

I run a Belgium BH200 (it was never released in The UK, only the plug shape is any different) and have successfully run every firmware ever released. Well expect the very first November 2007 one as mine came preloaded with January 2008 but ignoring that I've installed and run (without problem) every firmware since then. Including the April 2008 (which gave us all that Lossless Audio goodness) and the latest June 2009 (BD Live).

I'm not sure why LG Service Sites say "US & Canada Only" for some of the firmware releases as it's never been a problem for me or others too. You can always downgrade. Why LG have never bothered to put the March 2009 and latest June 2009 firmware on said Service Sites is anyones guess. The latest one on their is still December 2008.

·
Registered
40 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradavon /forum/post/16890971

Partially Permitted - Internet access is permitted only for BD-Live contents which have content owner certificates. Internet access and AACS Online functions are prohibited for all BD-Live contents without a certificate.

Permitted - Internet access is permitted for all BD-Live contents.

·
Registered
26 Posts
until bd-live does something that warner is doing with its blu rays i will pass the pain in you know what to trying to hook it up through another router!

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
What are Warner doing with BD-Live?

Thanks GoGadget. I'll leave it fully on. I rarely find so called untrusted certificates actually unsafe.

·
Registered
127 Posts

Thanks LGDoubter. Good to see the bitching is still present and correct

I reckon you're right, Profile 2.0 only. I doubt we'll ever see the 4:3 issue fixed. I just don't think LG consider it high priority at all. Sad but the truth. Luckily for me my TV's controls aren't overridden but I appreciate many are.

Are there lots of reports of "new" problem discs?

You'll need to try yours out to see. Orphanage freezes at chap 2, Plague Town played B4 this update, now won't (disc error) (yes - went back to earlier updates - still won't play) Haunting in Conn played fine B4, now the last chapter freezes up - that's it for me (thus far) which is why I bought a Panny D60 this morning - I am now LGquiter

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Thanks. I happen to have the UK Orphanage BD from your list (Region Free otherwise much the same, slightly different extras). I'll check though.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I've downloaded the new firmware to cd, but I think I will hold off installing it in lieu of problems some people have had with disk compatability. Blu-ray live is not a big deal with me as the player is not hooked up the internet and will mean an additional expense to so. Very disappointed they did'nt resolve the 4:3 issue as I have quite few old musicals, will have to set the player to 480p to get OAR. BTW I'm running the June 08 firmware and have yet to run into any playability problems save the Clerks II disk that is not the players fault.

·
Registered
8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by djos /forum/post/16886082

yeah, now I know how the germans felt after WWII.

LOL. And then came the "Wirtschaftswunder" and we were back in business
Guess thats not gonna happen with HD

Back to topic, I am still very disappointed that the 4:3 Bug (thats it for me) has not been addressed.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Now that it can do BD-Live I have the biggest problem using this feature because this player is a nightmare to get an IP address.

It's not always working.

·
Banned
11,423 Posts
Same...though I haven't used it until recently, my router serves it an IP via DHCP without any fuss.

I don't think you can blame the BDA or BD-Live on that.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by StardustOne /forum/post/16897545

Now that it can do BD-Live I have the biggest problem using this feature because this player is a nightmare to get an IP address.

It's not always working.

I set it up manually as Dynamic has never worked on either of my BH200's.

1881 - 1900 of 2794 Posts