AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had the network icon appear onscreen with their BH200 since the BDLive fireware update?

Happened to me last night--we were watching The Dark Knight and through about the first twenty minutes of the movie this rectangular network icon appeared in the top right corner of the screen. It would come on for awhile then go off, only to appear again a few minutes later. Eventually it just went away for good. (thankfully)

At first I thought it was BDLive related, so I tried to remove the USB card. Made no difference.

Then this evening when I was playing the DVD version of the Muppet Show for the kids, it briefly showed up again. Guess it wasn't blu-ray related either.

It clearly has something to do with the network, because the icon looks like a smaller version of the one used for the Network section of the BH200 configuration menus. I've never seen it before last night, though.

And I couldn't find anything about it in the manual.

·
Registered
119 Posts
This usually only comes on when I power up the machine, as it's stating that there's a connection to the network, or if there was one when it booted up, when it loses a connection. Sounds like your router did something to cause the connection to be cut - maybe the line to the internet went down, or it renewed the ip address (I'm not a pro at this, maybe I'm way off). Then you got the connection back...

·
Registered
292 Posts
Ya having the same problem...was watching Black Hawk Down last night and all thru the movie the network icon would appear about every 15 min.

·
Registered
8,143 Posts
When I had this problem it was because the unit couldn't get an IP address from the server. Turned out it was a flakey power supply on the switch the BH200 ran through, the Wii also had problems.

Before discovering the switch's power both the BH200 and Wii had connection problems. On the BH200 I had to remove the cable to keep it from happening. It appears that if the cable is connected and the line having power the player will complain if it can't do what it wants. I found no way to turn off this network error display "feature" but to fix it or remove the cable. It sure is an annoying little blinking box!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.