AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt /forum/post/18144347

Why do you feel biamping will make a difference?

Because my speakers come with bi-amp capabilities built into the speaker ( http://www.klipsch.com/na-en/products/rf-82-overview/ ). My friend has the exact same receiver, and speakers. He's bi-amping with 5.1, and i'm on 7.1 without bi-amping.

There's a clear and noticable difference between his fronts and mine.

I will probably wait until HDMI 1.4 receivers hit the market, but it would be nice to know if it's even possible.

·
Registered
6,908 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrindor /forum/post/18144381

There's a clear and noticable difference between his fronts and mine.
How do you know yours sound different from his? What is that difference? Are they switchable in the same location, same material, same amp, matched levels?

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt /forum/post/18144403

What exact same receiver is this? You didn't mention the make and model.

Onkyo 805.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavu /forum/post/18144470

How do you know yours sound different from his? What is that difference? Are they switchable in the same location, same material, same amp, matched levels?

His highs and lows seem much better. After running Audyssey, it claims they can handle much higher and lower sounds after the bi-amp. This is a very recent change, so we know how it sounded before. We both ran Audyssey and left it on those settings, after he bi-amped it recommend a very different crossover frequency.

Are you guys saying it's all in our heads? Why would the speakers include the bi-amp feature if it didn't make a difference?

·
Registered
6,908 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrindor /forum/post/18144485

Are you guys saying it's all in our heads?

Yes.
Quote:
Why would the speakers include the bi-amp feature if it didn't make a difference?

Because it doesn't cost anything and it causes people who have no idea what is really going on to run out and spend their money on the 'latest fad'.

·
Banned
1,073 Posts
You don't understand Bi-Amping at all the 805 is the same amplification for the highs and the lows, true bi-amping is you run a different amplifier for your highs and a different amplifier for your lows, so if you feel the need that you love the high but the lows you don't like so much then you change your bottom end just say you have a Bryston 4b to do the Low and then you love the high on a Linn amplifier so you combine the Two to get a very sweet sound that you prefer, that way they give you a option on your speakers.

I do believe you can hear a difference on your 805 but it's only a small change you are getting.

I used to bi-amp on my old RB1080 Rotel but I sold them and bought a Musical Fidelity M6i and there no point in Bi-amping this amplifier am not even bi-wiring, my cable are CV-8 Audioquest 72v DBS and love the sound.

but If I was you Just Bi-amp if it make you happy don't let people tell you different also most of the time I watch 5.1 so the other 2ch are not even getting used you might of well bi-amp and use the 2 extra channels all the time

·
Registered
27,576 Posts
A number of ways... (worst to best)

1. Simply use a splitter or put both sets of speaker cables into your L and R speaker outputs.

2. If using a receiver, use Speaker A and B outputs on your receiver for both speaker drivers

3. Ideally, split the audio output from your pre-outs jack to two separate amplifiers and then out to your speakers. This way you can use better, more powerful amplifiers.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Bi-amping capability in speakers is for the use of separate, external amps to drive the highs and lows, to effectively get more power since each amp only has to shoulder a portion of the load.

Bi-amping capability in receivers is to put one more check-box in the marketing literature and boost sales, as all internal amps share the same power supply and that is your limiting factor, not the number of individual amp channels you're using.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrindor /forum/post/18144340

Is there a receiver out there that allows Bi-amping the 2 front speakers and 7.1 at the same time?

Would 9.2 receivers support this?

It is not possible with your AVR as it only has 7 amplifier channels.

9.2 receivers should support that function.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.