AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I understand the principle behind bi-amping: dedicated power to upper and lower frequencies. My question is what hardware is required to do this? I know the speaker itself has to have 2 sets of binding posts but what do you run out of a preamp to split the signal? Is there a Y-interconnect that would run into the line level inputs of the amp, and then connect speaker wire to the individual sets of binding posts? For example, the Cary Cinema 7 runs 7x100; I currently only use 5ch theater. how would one connect channels 6 and 7 to the main L/R in a bi-amp setup? Do you need an external crossover?

I'm testing various amps now and it was one of them, but for the cash I'm trying to rationalize the purchase. Actually, it sounded great hooked up normally so who needs rationalization. Also testing Rotel 1075 (5x120) and maybe the 1098 if dealer will let me borrow. Any thoughts on Adcom? I heard the company may have financial troubles?? Speakers up front are VSA VR-2's and LCR 15; B&W 305's in rear. What else is in the $1k-2.5K range?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.