AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know most receivers do Bi-Amping but when everyone talks about it they always talk about Bi-amping the fronts. In a 5.1 system can't you Bi-amp the surrounds and if you can do you thinks it would help bring out the surrounds noises with better clarity?

·
Registered
6,946 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakar80124 /forum/post/0

I wouldn't bother trying to biamp the rears unless you listen to mostly 5 channel SACD or DV-A music. But if you have the amps sitting around with unused channels, go fer it.

I wouldn't bother trying to bi-amp any channels...

·
Registered
15,247 Posts
If you're having issues, they may be more placement and calibration related rather than a situation of insufficient power.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNnDENVER /forum/post/0

People do their fronts because it has an impact on 2 channel music listening.

People passively bi-amplify their fronts because they believe it has an impact on 2-channel music.

With a common power supply and reasonable damping factor there won't be a change in headroom.

With separate amplifiers and competant design, there won't be a difference in distortion when you keep the amplifier out of clipping and you're only going to pickup a dB of headroom which isn't significant.

Quote:
But the center is really the one that needs all the headroom it can get with 5.1 content.

Active bi-amplification using a line-level cross-over substantially increases headroom but isn't what most people do when they bi-amplify.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.