AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased an Energy Veritas Center Speaker which has dual posts for bi-wiring or bi-amping. I will be using this speaker with a Pioneer Elite VSX-27TX receiver in my bedroom and I'm wondering if it can be bi-wired through a second 2 channel receiver (old Yamaha at about 100 watts at 8oms per channel). Now, by bi-wiring (which may not be the correct term here), I'm talking about connecting the Pio's center rf output to the Yamaha using a splitter so the center channel gets sent to the Yamaha's left *and* right channels. Then I would connect the left speaker wire to one set of the Energy's speaker terminals and the right speaker out to the other terminals on the Speaker.

Is this incredibly stupid, somewhat risky or a smart way to double a stereo receiver/amp's output to one speaker?

Thanks in advance,

T.B.

·
Registered
410 Posts
That'll be a good way to let some smoke out of your amp.

I wouldn't do it. Does you reciever have pre outs? If so, a better way to get more power to the main would be to buy an external amp making the power you want and using the pre outs to get the signal to the amp.

If you don't have pre outs, you need to look at upgrading.

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
"Except in unusual cases, bi-wiring is a waste of copper and $$."

But what you are proposing is more like bi-amping, only wrong.

Very very wrong.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.