AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.

I just recently read the Bias Lighting sticky thread and became interested in researching it's applications more.

I have a 50" Samsung PN50B550, mounted on a Tech Craft LCD42 stand (the type of stand where the TV mounts directly to the stand itself).

And being that the room I watch my TV/Movies in is completely dark, even during the day, I want to install a Bias Light behind my TV.

This leaves me 6-8" of clearance from the back of the TV to the wall behind it (the wall color is a soft brown...a beige like color).

I figured a fluorescent type of light, such as the Ideal-Lume lights, would work best for my setup (just one light would do it....its a small room).

But when I tried to buy one of their lights, it said the product was no longer available.

Is there any easy substitute I can buy that will produce 6500k output....or close enough to 6500k to pass as usable?

I've seen some people recommend Zoo/Aquarium lights, as you can buy ones that are 6500k.....would one of these work?

(I.E. - as certified calibrators/installers, what would be a suitable, moderately priced bulb you would recommend)

Thanks!

·
Registered
360 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCoolJesus /forum/post/16973129

Hello all.

I just recently read the Bias Lighting sticky thread and became interested in researching it's applications more.

I...I figured a fluorescent type of light, such as the Ideal-Lume lights, would work best for my setup (just one light would do it....its a small room).

But when I tried to buy one of their lights, it said the product was no longer available...

Geez, that's odd. I just bought one of those from CinemaQuest last week. Are you using this Web site ?

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerianne /forum/post/16973585

Geez, that's odd. I just bought one of those from CinemaQuest last week. Are you using this Web site ?

Hey...thanks.

I know, it was very odd. I was probably on their old product web page or some very random error occurred.

Well, I'm going to order one of those most likely.

But is there any type of DIY bulb worth buying to save a little money that is just as reliable at producing 6500k?

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
We have changed to a new host for our online store and redesigned it to look and function better. You may have used an old link that sent you directly to our old store host. All store links from our web site are current and functioning fine. We have not discontinued our Ideal-Lume bias lighting solutions.

Best regards and beautiful pictures,

G. Alan Brown, President

CinemaQuest, Inc.

A Lion AV Consultants Affiliate

"Advancing the art and science of electronic imaging"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.