AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting ready for my first PJ to arrive (Sony HS10, like everybody else).

With my RPTV, I have been using a 6500K flourescent bulb behind the set and shining up against the wall behind the TV. This works really well for preventing eyestrain and adding a dim ambient light to the room.

I would like to have a similar effect for my PJ. My thought was to get a fixed wall screen (either a Contour or Luxus) and mount it so that it's about a 1/2" away from the wall, and then run rope lighting all around the screen just behind the frame. I think this should provide a nice even wash of lighting on the wall all around the screen. I could connect it to a dimmer so that I can control the brightness (I think the target is to match the 20 or 30 IRE level of your picture).

Has anyone done this before? Does it sound like a good plan? If so, does anyone know where I can purchase rope lighting? I haven't seen it at Home Depot or Lowe's.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
EricT43, I am considering the same application for my setup. I do recall a couple of screenpics posted in the gallery section of someone using rope lighting behind the screen. The Home Depot and Lowe's in my area both carry the lighting. Can't remember which section though. They carry them in various colors and lengths.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.