AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the H100 sub signal sensing or does it have a hard on? Signal sensing can be annoying. I hate how a signal sensing sub can cut off during a movie, and the delay when it switches back on.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,154 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowenbotten /forum/post/0


Is the H100 sub signal sensing or does it have a hard on? Signal sensing can be annoying. I hate how a signal sensing sub can cut off during a movie, and the delay when it switches back on.

I can't help you with your question.. but I did get a good laugh out of the phrasing..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,468 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowenbotten /forum/post/0


Is the H100 sub signal sensing or does it have a hard on? Signal sensing can be annoying. I hate how a signal sensing sub can cut off during a movie, and the delay when it switches back on.

I know it has auto sensing I'm pretty sure it has an always on option also. Most subs do. I've never had a problem with auto sensing cutting off when it wasn't supposed to though. Usually just a notch or two raise in the subwoofer volume level on the receiver will send enough of a signal to keep it on if there is a problem.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeman02 /forum/post/0


I know it has auto sensing I'm pretty sure it has an always on option also. Most subs do. I've never had a problem with auto sensing cutting off when it wasn't supposed to though. Usually just a notch or two raise in the subwoofer volume level on the receiver will send enough of a signal to keep it on if there is a problem.

What I'm wondering is if the sub will stay in standby mode and then if it will turn on when the receiver turns on.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
979 Posts
The auto sensing on the H100 takes about 5 min to cut off. seems to work fine for me. Haven't had it cut off yet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,468 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowenbotten /forum/post/0


What I'm wondering is if the sub will stay in standby mode and then if it will turn on when the receiver turns on.

Yes, that's what auto sensing is. When the sub receives a signal from the receiver it switches on then when no signal has been detected for a certain period of time (usually 5 - 10) minutes depending on the sub, it automatically goes into standby mode.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
530 Posts
There is a "hard on" and auto mode on the H-100. The Automode won't turn on until it's sent a strong enough signal (for example: if you have your receiver at a suitably low volume, the sub might not turn on even when bass is present, in my experience), it will not just turn on when the receiver is turned on either (unless you have an odd receiver that hits the bass a bit when turned on).


I haven't really had any trouble with the auto mode... I've had a few instances where I had to briefly turn up the volume to get the sub to turn on (the volume was pretty low at the time), but otherwise it's been fine -- I use the auto mode.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
210 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fronn /forum/post/0


There is a "hard on" and auto mode on the H-100. The Automode won't turn on until it's sent a strong enough signal (for example: if you have your receiver at a suitably low volume, the sub might not turn on even when bass is present, in my experience), it will not just turn on when the receiver is turned on either (unless you have an odd receiver that hits the bass a bit when turned on).


I haven't really had any trouble with the auto mode... I've had a few instances where I had to briefly turn up the volume to get the sub to turn on (the volume was pretty low at the time), but otherwise it's been fine -- I use the auto mode.

I had the same problem with the sub not waking up unless the volume was high or I was watching a movie with alot of bass. I have a Onkyo TX-SR674 receiver and had used autocalibration to set up my speakers.


The bass, however, was really, really, really weak. I went into the level calibration menu, which is a different selection from the speaker configuration (although damned if I understand the difference). I turned up the db level for the sub, and now I am getting what I paid for, strong, deep bass. It also has eliminated the problem of the sub sleeping in auto, even without having to turn up the volume on the receiver.


I cannot say I understand the fix, but hope it helps. If someone recognizes some mistake I made or has a better fix, please let me know.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top