AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so after much thought I broke down and bought the BIC Acoustech PL-200. Honestly I wanted the ED A2-300 but didnt want to wait a month or so to get it. I have found very few posts and even fewer reviews of this sub. Anyone who has one care to offer a recent review? I orignally wanted a Klipsch Sub-12 after hearing one and was really impressed.

The consensus around here seems to be that there are many subs out there in the price range that betters the SUB-12, so I started looking elsewhere. My budget was $350 max so the ED fit the bill but I just couldnt stand the wait time. I found the PL-200 for $296 shipped and pulled the trigger.

Anyone think it was a good choice or should I have bit the bullet and waited on the A2-300? By the way I do love bass, but am no HZ freak by any means.

My room is 15X21 with 11 foot cathredral ceiling with a 8ft opening to the kitchen in the rear.

My system is Yamaha RX-V765, Klipsch B3 fronts, C1 center and S1 surrounds.

·
Banned
8,744 Posts
I think you can relax about your choice, I don't think the A2-300 will be substantially better than the BIC. The Ed has a larger enclosure and is slightly heavier, so maybe it will have somewhat deeper extension, but I don't think it will have a lot more output than the BIC. Hsu helped to design the PL200, so it should sound very nice. I think it's a good subwoofer, it just isn't as well known yet as it's peers.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I recently received the PL-200 and couldn't be happier. BASH amplifier with 1000 Watts Dynamic Peak Output, 250 Watts RMS Continuous. It shakes my whole house and I don't even have the level very high.

Don't sweat your purchase. You got a great sub and an awesome price. Enjoy!

By the way, I was in the same boat, and didn't want to wait for the ED A2-300. I don't regret my purchase in the least amount. I would love to see a side by side review of the PL-200, and the ED A2-300. Like the other poster said, there wouldn't be much difference.

·
Registered
429 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshaws21 /forum/post/18175723

At least i've never heard the A2-300 so I wont know exactly what i'm missing.

And I would bet that anyone telling you that you should have waited for the A2-300 has never heard the PL-200.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I got the bic pl-200 also and very very satisfied with it.

I had a polk psw10 before which is a pretty highly regarded budget sub but I was never really satisfied with it.

The bic kills it in every single area, I mean it probably hits 10x harder (no lie)

It can shake stuff off my wall

·
Registered
643 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlin88 /forum/post/18406088

what is the best deal for BIC Acoustech PL200 in the market now ?

Well if you checked the very active thread about the PL-200 you would have read that the best deal going right now is around $270 shipped from Sound Distributors or Acoustic Sound Design.

·
Registered
41 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urlacher5454 /forum/post/18406180

Wll if you checked the very active thread about the PL-200 you would have read that the best deal going right now is around $270 shipped from Sound Distributors or Acoustic Sound Design.

just got mine at $279 after BCB, thanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts