AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a Rocket ELT setup and an ULW-10.

We are moving to a house that has in-ceiling speakers and I'm wondering if I should sell the ULW with the ELT speakers and pick up this sub to go with the stuff in the house.

While this was my first HT system and I'm definitely not an audiophile, I was not that impressed with the ULW from day 1. It sounds good for music, but it doesnt have the volume and go down deep enough in movies for me. I have the gain at about 3/4, I think, but it still rattles a bit occasionally during a movie.

Advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
354 Posts
I have had an F12 for about a month now and could not be happier. I bought it to replace the very wimpy Onkyo sub that came with my 7.1 system. It's always amazing to hear what I have been missing as I go back through the Star Wars episodes. I feel confident that you will not be dissapointed with the F12.

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
You'll gain some headroom for HT with the larger driver, cabinet and ported more efficient design. If it's strictly for HT you might try it but coming from the ULW-10 which is considered to be a very musical sub you might be disappointed in that respect. Not to say the F12 isn't a great sub, at it's price point < $200 and under it's an awesome overall sub but it won't likely match the ULW-10s articulation and musical abilities.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.