AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right now i have a bic v-1220. i think it sounds pretty good but haven't really set it up yet. i got it for real cheap used. before i got this i was considering a bic f12. still hear good things about f12. i am leaning towards getting one. will i hear a big improvement over the v1220? and do you think running these subs in a dual combo would sound good or not? or should i stick to 2 of the exact same subs for that. any input would help. thanks

·
Registered
676 Posts
I have the 1220. what I did was put it on to a plastic cutting board from Target that is the same size as the speaker case. you can get it in most colors.

the reason I did that was reading on this forum about a more expensive sub had one sold with it. or meaning the downward facing speaker might have it permanently installed as a speaker protector. it might also help in reflecting the sound out too.

mine just sits on it....some day when I have to move it I will get a permanent set of legs ( the one that come with it are pointed,) and drill the board and install it permanently. I installed the board partially because it is sitting on carpeting and I thought it would muffle the sound.

I do not know about your plans to put two subs together. but I do not think you will notice any difference between the two, f12 and 1220 subs once you set them up right.

the maker says if you set the 1220 up kitty corner in the corner of a room you will get the best response from the speaker.

note for the most part I believe the speakers are almost identical. one faces down and the other sideways......sub bass is non-directional.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the info. i think i actually have a cutting board that size around my house to test. gonna wait till i set it up correctly then i will try that. if the f12 and 1220 sound almost similar i might wait till i find another used 1220 for cheap. got this one for 75 bux used locally. i like the fact that the subs face down because i have 3 lil boys running around so that cant damage these subs. i like that feature. ill let you know how mine sounds when i set it up. later bro.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.