AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Yamaha YSP4100 soundbar. My room is rather large and I use it primarily for music, although I am a big movie junkie.

I have been looking around and I was going to get the Yamaha SW315 but after spending some time in the forum I decided to look at these 3 subs:

-BIC H100

-HSU STF2

-BIC PC200

-Sunfire SDS8

Any recommendations? Should I add anything else to the mix?

Aesthetics play a role here (my girlfriend prefers small rather and visually attractive)

Thanks

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
Emotive 10 is another thing to look at since you like music

What are the exact dimensions of your room? Whats large to you might be small to others depending where you live.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Because of its slim design I also looked at the Polk Audio DSW Micro PRO 2000. But I am not sure that I would get the best for the money.

Thanks

·
Registered
125 Posts
Now that you have established your size of space (400 sq ft, 3200 cu ft), and use (mainly music but movies too), please give a budget that you would like to stay within, and then a few helpful suggestions can be made.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am in the $300 -$400 range. but this is not fixed. I can go higher or lower if it is really worth going that road.

Another consideration, my Yamaha comes with a subwoofer WIFI kit. I hope this all works just fine

·
Registered
125 Posts
If your space is truly 400 sq ft with 8' ceiling (3200 cu ft), you will not get huge levels of output with just one sub and a $300 - $400 budget.

Considering the space size and budget, I would go with a ported sub for more output even though it sounds like this is mainly for music. The HSU STF-2 is a nice choice from a proven name, and is known to be musical, is ported, but is a 10". The Lava LSP12 (12" of course) is a nice balance of output for movies and being well behaved for music (I have one), and can be had for less than $300 shipped. Elemental Designs may be considered as well, but their time until shipped can be several weeks sometimes. And SVS is definitely up there as well, but is more of the $500 on up range.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I looked at the Carver SDS 10 incher for the similar price as the HSU STF2 but couldn't find any reviews at all. The SDS10 seems like its a dual subwoofer design which is intriguing for the price.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts