AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apologize for the very basic questions I have. I'm not an audiophile but am trying to learn so that I can get the most out of the equipment I have. I have a new BIC H100 coming in a couple of days which I will be adding to my 2 channel stereo setup. I have a Sony STR-DG600 receiver and two Infinity Beta 50's for main speakers. I listen to music about 50% of the time and watch movies the rest of the time. It does not appear that my receiver has much by way of bass management. It will allow me to set my speakers to either "large" or "small" and that is about it. From the research I've done it appears that I should set my speakers to "small" correct? What has me a bit confused is what settings should I use on the subwoofer itself? I've read other threads where it was suggested that the crossover frequency of the subwoofer be set at the highest setting and to make adjustments using the receivers bass management. Since it does not appear that my receiver has any bass management short of "large" or "small" settings, what is recommended in my case? Is it worthwhile to get a Radio Shack meter for a simple 2.1 setup like mine? Thanks.

Ed

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Hi Ed,

Set your speakers to small and look in the receiver's setup menu for Speaker Crossover Frequency. Set it to 80Hz. You can play with the crossover setting later if you want to, but 80Hz is probably best. You don't need to adjust any bass management settings.

Set the sub's crossover frequency as high as it goes and adjust the volume level to your liking. An SPL meter would be nice, but with 2.1 you can just set it by ear.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.