AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading over these forums for quite a bit, I decided to pick up an H100 to go along with my SR304 in my room.

The fronts I have with the system are some cheaper, older Radio Shack ones with 10" drivers, so that's where I got my "bass" before the H100. My question however, my room is about 1250 cubic feet, and even with the H100 set pretty high on the volume scale, as well as adjusting the sub level on the Onkyo, it doesn't really seem all that powerful.

I've tried adjusting the phase shift, and it does rattle my window a bit, but it doesn't seem all that powerful. It's clean bass, but I wasn't wow'ed at all like I thought I'd be by its power.

Attached is a drawing of the room, with the s's indicating where I've tried positioning the sub (angled away from the wall), and L for where I normally listen from...the floor is linoleum and walls are plaster if that makes a difference. I've heard people normally put a rug or something under their sub, but for my initial testing I didn't have one.

Anything I might be doing wrong or should look at, or perhaps I was just expecting too much?

Thanks

·
Registered
485 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisgp /forum/post/0

After reading over these forums for quite a bit, I decided to pick up an H100 to go along with my SR304 in my room.

The fronts I have with the system are some cheaper, older Radio Shack ones with 10" drivers, so that's where I got my "bass" before the H100. My question however, my room is about 1250 cubic feet, and even with the H100 set pretty high on the volume scale, as well as adjusting the sub level on the Onkyo, it doesn't really seem all that powerful.

I've tried adjusting the phase shift, and it does rattle my window a bit, but it doesn't seem all that powerful. It's clean bass, but I wasn't wow'ed at all like I thought I'd be by its power.

Attached is a drawing of the room, with the s's indicating where I've tried positioning the sub (angled away from the wall), and L for where I normally listen from...the floor is linoleum and walls are plaster if that makes a difference. I've heard people normally put a rug or something under their sub, but for my initial testing I didn't have one.

Anything I might be doing wrong or should look at, or perhaps I was just expecting too much?

Thanks

What are you listening to when not being "wow'ed?"

Does your receiver have some sort of bass management? If so, what is it set at? If you do have the bass management set then make sure you have the switch on the back of the sub set to 'dolby digital.'

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdamocles /forum/post/0

What are you listening to when not being "wow'ed?"

Does your receiver have some sort of bass management? If so, what is it set at? If you do have the bass management set then make sure you have the switch on the back of the sub set to 'dolby digital.'

Hmm, I've tried music, anything from rap to rock, and movies, such as xXx 2 and Titan AE.

The receiver does have settings for the sub, and I turned them on and tried both receiver settings on the H100. I'll look more into the settings on the receiver just to make sure I didn't miss anything. Thanks

·
Registered
625 Posts
With a room that small it should "feel" pretty good. It won't be exactly rattling your eyeballs a la 4 cheap 15s in a pedophile Astrovan, but should sound good while giving you a little tactile sensation. I can feel my H-100 in my couch pretty easily in a 3000 cubic foot room with lots of openings.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.